Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews crinan canal specials board dining room overlooking loch the ground floor varied menu spacious room loch fyne fantastic food good nights sleep fantastic views stayed for two nights local area warm welcome beautiful location scotland campbeltown
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2021

I’m working in Argyll assisting with medical cover with NHS Scotland. My stay at the Grey Gull has been a home from home experience, staff / management have demonstrated the highest degree of professionalism throughout my long stay

At no point has anything ever been a problem to all the hard working staff within this establishment. I applaud their commitment, professionalism and friendly nature during such difficult times throughout this pandemic.

Meals are fantastic and extremely great value for money, the chef certainly does not disappoint. Highly recommend this hotel in a beautiful location within Argyll. I look forward to staying again next week.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Grey Gull, General Manager at The Grey Gull Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your very welcome comments will be passed on to the staff, feedback is so very important to us to improve our standards, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Grey Gull Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2021

I best explain the title.
Some 18 months ago I had the then misfortune to stay at the Grey Gull. To say it was appalling was an understatement! Naturally a hotel I had since avoided.
However I needed accommodation near Tarbert and the hotel I used previously was still shut due to Covid19. In fact I had already booked another hotel but would not have been as convenient.
I decided to make a phone call to the hotel and basically ask if things had improved.
Rebecca went out of her way to assure me things had changed and would I consider giving them a chance.
Well how pleased I was to have done so!
Rebecca and her team were fabulous, nothing too much trouble. The rooms have been upgraded and clean and comfortable.
Whilst the restaurant could only offer room service due to the situation I could not fault the quality of the food. Additionally draught lager was available, a definite bonus.
Breakfast again outstanding, being offered a full cooked Scottish Breakfast.
On site parking and stunning views add to the experience.
The effort of the Team deserves most praise in these unprecedented times. Thus delighted to be able to post a positive review and look forward to staying with them again.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

A success! Many thanks for taking the time to write a review, and I am delighted you reported such a change in the hotel, service and staff...in a positive way. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grey Gull Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2021

Good to see the restaurant doing take away while restrictions mean it can't open for meals. So easy and quick to order and collect. Pizzas really delicious and staff friendly and super-helpful. Thank you!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response. We take pride in what we deliver and our take-away has been such a success and the staff are 100% behind our offer. Keep liking our Pizzas!

Reviewed 26 December 2020

Thankyou to the amazing staff. We booked 7 rooms just before Christmas for a family wedding. As you can imagine it hasn't been easy with the restrictions but the staff here could not do enough for us. We were a large party and it could not have been easy to sort us all out but they did it and with a smile. We had dinner on the first night and although a challenge to cook for us all with limited staff due to restrictions everything was delicious and hot. We had breakfast on both days and there was a great choice. We had some young children with us and the staff were great with them as well they even managed to sort out a trip from Santa. The rooms were clean and tidy and some of them had lovely views of the Loch with amazing baths to relax in. The cocktails were great and we all enjoyed them. They even made some for the children. A great place to stay and we will be back next time to see more of the stunning views and explore a little more. A massive thankyou to Meg and her team for looking after us and treating us like part of the Grey Gull family. You did a fantastic job.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Many thanks for your very positive response. I have a great set of staff who go the extra mile to look after all our guests and your response clearly shows we are succeeding! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grey Gull Hotel.

Reviewed 10 October 2020

We’ve visited the restaurant at the Grey Gull Hotel several times this summer. We have found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the food to be fantastic!
The chef is clearly very skilled and produces the most amazing seafood (& other) dishes!
We found the Covid-19 Distancing & measures etc to be excellent, which is a big part of giving confidence to eat indoors anywhere at present.
A great place to stop for some really good food, with fantastic views!

Date of stay: October 2020

Thank you for your very positive response. We try to deliver 100% customer satisfaction and your response shows we are on the way to success! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grey Gull Hotel soon.