All reviews three courses three star christmas pudding family dinner night porter pakora piping hot lovely meal my mum fish and chips buffet style down stairs great night lounge area a lovely stay wedding edinburgh
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

So, I stayed here for two nights. My room was clean so no complaints there, but generally speaking the decor feels outdated, I could hear everything my neighbours were up to and the floor was very creaky. All of which I wouldn’t have had an issue with if my room wasn’t £93. I went on to get a Premier inn for £53 and never heard a sound - resulting in a better nights sleep. The breakfast is basic and uninspiring they manage to get porridge wrong and the scrambled eggs I got were green. To top it all off don’t ask for the iron it’ll end up marking your clothes. I won’t be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MollsB94
Reviewed 11 August 2018

This place was a great location for me but I was rather disappointed - especially as it was very expensive. The room was tiny, much smaller than the rooms I usually get as a single traveller and this time there were two of us tripping over each other. The road just outside the window was noisy all night. The bed was comfortable and the staff friendly. Breakfast was OK - but I would like some fresh fruit (tinned mandarins are soo 1980's!). I did not try the restaurant.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Stayed here for a recent wedding in Bathgate. Every member of staff in this hotel is lovely! Free parking onsite. Food in the restaurant is not only delicious but excellent value! Only downside is the hotel needs a bit of TLC as it is quite dated. Can be a bit noisy if on the roadside

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We always loved coming here when it was 3 courses for £12 - it's now a a le carte menu which has still some of the favourites that we used to be able to get. New chef seems to be really good at what he does and the presentation is always lovely.
Staff are really friendly and helpful.
All I would say is that it's never busy anymore. We used to often go a Sunday afternoon (kids used to eat free) however when we go now you are lucky if there is another table in. Think it seems sad that it's so quiet now as this place used to always be busy.

Can't complain otherwise as the food is lovely.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

First visit to this hotel and would definitely return. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast and evening meals were amazing and couldn’t fault them. Room was dated and floorboards very creaky. Bathroom needed some storage and shelving. Not enough plug sockets either. However this would not put us off.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family