US$90
US$87
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Mercure Livingston(Livingston)
US$110
US$102
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$130
Premier Inn Livingston (M8, Jct3) Hotel(Livingston)(Great Value!)
US$98
PremierInn.com
Limefield House(Livingston)
US$136
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewstony macaronishopping centretravel lodgestayed heredesigner outletbusiness floorcar parkfantastic locationwithin walking distancelocal amenitiesshopping weekendrestaurant downstairsdisabled roomwhat it says on the tinmy mumtea and coffeelarge room
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I hate leaving poor reviews for places I've been and always think hard whether what I'm saying is right and fair and truly reflective of the experience. Having pondered on those matters for a couple of weeks (I stayed here on Tuesday 13th March 2018) I've decided it's entirely fair. In fact, this was almost a one star review and I'm not sure I've ever left anywhere a one star review before.

I will place some of the blame for my poor experience with the booking agent I used to make the reservation. I was booked on a bed and breakfast basis with a £20 food and drink allowance. Now, the agent ought to have known better, as this hotel has NO RESTAURANT, NO KITCHEN and NO BAR making a £20 food and drink allowance somewhat tricky to utilise. That's not the hotel's fault - let's be fair. Howver, it was the response from the lady who checked me in that made me realise that the staff at this hotel have basically given up. When I enquired about where I could have dinner, rather than explain politely that my agent must have made a mistake, she chose to just burst out laughing instead and said "you'll not be eating anything for your dinner is THIS hotel tonight love. You'd not believe how many punters turn up here expecting us to have a restaurant and they all get told the same thing". Charming. Scottish hospitality at it's very finest.

Once she had stopped laughing, she further explained that breakfast was some sort of box for you to take away but didn't elaborate on the contents. Feeling somehwat disillusioned at this point I asked if it was worth collecting said breakfast box in the morning. Her response? "Well, I wouldn't eat it".

Brilliant.

So here I am after a long journey checking into a hotel where the receptionist thinks it's funny that I thought there was a restaurant but there isn't and now she's telling me that breakfast comes in a takeaway box but that she'd not eat the contents. I half expected to see Basil or Sybil wandering around reception at this point; it could barely have been more farcical. The £94.05 tariff for the room was no laughing matter however.

The room key didn't work - that was the next hurdle. It's great fun trekking back downstairs with all your luggage to look for the highly amused receptionist to request another keycard.

Eventually gained access to room. It was ok I guess but looking tired and shall we say "well worn". Attention to detail lacking in terms of cleanliness and grubby looking off-white towels and bedding. I don't expect 5 star luxury in a Travelodge but I do expect it to be clean and frankly, it really wasn't that clean.

As I was now effectively forced to leave the hotel for dinner, I wandered down to a Wetherspoon that was around 10 mins walk away, part of the Designer Outlet over the road. There's a Tony Macaroni immediately next door to this Travelodge so dining can be had nearer - assuming you like Italian food and are happy with the not so budget prices.

In the morning, I had further challenges. Different receptionist (as you'd expect). I gave her my room number and asked for my breakfast box - I was hungry. Astoundingly, she then said that there was no breakfast included in my room package rate of £94, despite the fact I was able to show her an email that clearly stated the contrary. She would not be moved - no breakfast box for me. Computer says no. I might have been inclined to have continued this discussion with a view to reaching an alternative outcome but at that moment my taxi arrived outside and I knew I didn't have time on my side. So I stayed hungry.

I travel a fair bit both with work and for pleasure; I'm well aware of the Travelodge offering and have realistic expectations for my money. Most Travelodges are great - this one however is without doubt the poorest one I've ever had the misfortune to visit.

I strongly urge you to give it a miss although sadly, there aren't a lot of other hotels in Livingston so you might find yourself having to endure this one day.

If you do ever stay - good luck with your breakfast box.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.....
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Daft80sBloke
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for submitting your review of our Livingston Travelodge.

We're so sorry to hear about your recent experience and would like to hear more about your stay. May we kindly request you contact us with the link or a copy of your TripAdvisor review, via our website so our customer service team can investigate your visit with the hotel.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

towels in bathroom were stained, bed covers were torn, and key cards had to be replaces 4 times as they did not work on either the security door or the room door. overall wouldn't advise anyone to stay here in future. Never any staff at the front desk in the three days we stayed here always had to buzz somone to come from other side of the hotel evidently short staffed. however the staff members could not have been better, top notch on the staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank grymauch4946

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay with us and we would like to look into this further for you. May we kindly request you contact us with your review via our website so our customer service team can investigate your comments.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The travel Lodge is a very comfortable and clean low cost hotel.
We were in the are for a Birthday and this was out preferred hotel.
The staff are friendly and professional and very helpful.
Many thanks and we will be back

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This is the 3rd time I’ve stayed here whilst visiting Livingston for my work. Nothing is a chore all the guys and girls are so lovely! The fabulous Kay made my day when she fixed my tv, and saved the day when I had forgot my hairdryer. Loved my stay here. Can’t wait to get back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

An excellent hotel. Right above where I was working. I was on the third floor as I booked a business room. It was so quiet and peaceful just what I wanted after a busy day. Great location and the shopping centre if you want to eat out.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business