“Amazing location, amazing view, amazing cottage!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Anchorage

The Anchorage
Sitting room with woodburning stove Kitchen with views as have all the rooms
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Anchorage
Sitting room with woodburning stove
Kitchen with views as have all the rooms
Fishing boats always passing
Anchorage hall Skye
The view from the main bedroom (all the rooms have similar views over the water)
Sitting room detail
Otters by the house
Sun room over the water
Enjoy a glass of wine by the house!
Wonderful summer days on Skye
The main bedroom
The harbour
Children with a highland cow
This photo was taken from the house!
Otters by the house
Seal outside the house!
Castle Moil is a nice half hour round walk from the house- just beware the tide!
Deserted Beaches
The house and castle behind
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 39 reviews

Reviews from our community

Kathryn R
“Amazing location, amazing view, amazing cottage!”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I don't write reviews very often but how could I not. I live in the South of England and work in London so was looking for somewhere to escape to that was safe (travelling on my own) stunning and calming. This cottage is all that and more. The drive here was breathtaking and after a 12 hour drive I was so happy to open the door and find the most perfect cottage (bigger than it looks on the photos) A lovely big kitchen, a cozy living room and the views!! You can see the sea from every room! I spent most of my time when not touring the Island, sitting in the sunroom watching the boats, the birds and reading books. Heaven! The location is perfect for touring the Island yet being able to get to the mainland easily to tour the West coast. I have toured the whole Island and was never an hour from home. I wanted a home from home and that is exactly what I got. I honestly cannot recommend this cottage enough it has everything I needed and more! I think it is fair to say I have fallen in love with this place and am already planning my next trip back. I won't be staying anywhere else but here! So happy I found it. Very sad that tonight is my last night :-(

1 Nov 2017
Thanks so much for your extensive review Katherine. You have identified precisely the things we love about the house ourselves, as reflected by so many guests. Welcome back any time!
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

FluffChuc...
North West England
“A wonderful home from home”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Despite pretty awful weather during our week, we had a thoroughly enjoyable time. We have rented homes all over the world and, without hesitation, this has been our favourite. Perhaps, if one were designing a rental property from the ground up, one would do certain things slightly differently. However, this is primarily the owners holiday home which we were privileged to use for a week. No commercially rented property could hope to convey the warmth and comfort of this delightful cottage. As has been stated before, the location is absolutely perfect and we looked forward to returning each day.
The owner was particularly attentive and sorted out a couple of small issues that occurred whilst we were there with efficiency and charm. We will return!

26 Sep 2017
Thank you for going to the trouble of providing this review Paul. We appreciate it and you'd be most welcome to return anytime. As you say, most of our guests appreciate the fact that is our holiday home in Skye and they are always careful to treat it accordingly. Sorry about the weather. We usually promise rainbows as it is usually far better than people might expect. Best wishes, Richard.
Reviewed 3 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

7 May 2017
Thanks so much for your review and I'm glad you had a good week. I'll take your comments on board re a bench in the garden! Welcome back any time.
Tracey B
“Lovely house”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The anchorage is a wonderful house. It's cosy, well equipped and truly feels like a home from home. We spent most of our time looking out the window at the ever changing sea scape- birds, otters, boats, submarines. Poured rain every day so we had lots of time indoors! Also, its proximity to the Skye bridge means it's easy access. We made it to Plockton in 20 mins- beautiful!! Highly recommend the Anchorage to anyone booking a holiday in Skye.

18 Apr 2017
Thanks for your review Tracey. I'm glad you enjoyed the house and sorry about the weather. I had been wonderful and but guess you were unlucky, although I'm glad you saw lots from the house. I promise you sunshine next time! All the best , Richard.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$686
/ Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing