Kinloch Follart(Dunvegan)
Priceline
Minnie's Rooms(Dunvegan)
Brae Cottage(Dunvegan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely sitethe ownertoilet blockexcellent facilitiesbeautiful locationshort walkhard standinghighly recommend this siteloch edgesuperb viewsdunvegan castlequiet at nightmotor homewalking distance to shopsclean toilets and showersice blocksgreat weather
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We are currently at Kinloch Campsite after being very disappointed with the Skye Camping and Caravan Club site. Kinloch Campite’s new owners (as of March 2018) Paul and Christine are only 4 weeks into their new ownership but they managed to book us in for 3 nights at very short notice (i.e. we were 20mins away and needed a pitch that night). Paul and Christine were so helpful and welcoming. They pitched us up in an overflow pitch for the first night (mind even this has a loch view and was near amenities which are spot on....clean and very hot showers). Then over the next 2 nights we were allowed to select our pitch right on the loch side (our pitch is no 23 and is feet from the lochside, what a view). Most pitches give you a fantastic view though. The site has been fully booked and everything has run smoothly. We will definitely be coming back to Kinloch Campsite; with just a 2min walk into local village with bakery, shop, pub, restaurants, cafe, museum, walking distance of Dunvegan Castle, Macleod Tables and most importantly for us dog walks from site it is perfect for us (i.e. we found Skye Club Site limited as local village was a 30min walk down a narrow road with no pavement for safety of kids and dogs. No dog walks from Skye Club Site bar a muddy walk around loch through a croft farm. Skye Club Site did not allow an awning on any pitch. So around 30mins after pulling into CCC Skye Club Site we decided to wave goodbye to it and the fee we had paid and move to a more welcoming site as muddy dogs in a motorhome doesn't mix whereas at Kinloch we had a choice of pitches to choose from all of which would accommodate our awning perfect to dry off and towel down muddy dogs and muddy kids. So Kinloch fitted our needs perfectly. Thank you Paul and Christine and we wish you good luck with your new business.....we will be back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Chilly-G72
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Amazing campsite! Paul and Christine we're so welcoming and lovely to chat to. The Facilities we're very clean and accessible. We are parked next to the facilities and the noise we're at minimum. The campsite is located perfectly with the views of the loch and hills.

Definitely come back again!

Thanks again Paul and Christine!

Jay and Steph

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jcl322
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We spent two nights there with my best friend and really enjoyed our stay. The campsite is clean, facilities are great and the view is just astonishing! You can see both the sea and the mountains. We had great weather (although a bit windy) and the staff was really friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank MasterCleminou
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I haven't stayed on the site - yet, with the new, latest, owners - but did so a couple of times with the previous (long-term) owners, Peggy and Colin (?), if I recall correctly. A real pleasure to be there. A big welcome to Paul and Christine and it sounds as if things are back to the normality of friendliness and a warm welcome. Looking forward to staying there this August 2018.
Good Luck Paul and Christine
PS. Ignore the date in the box below. Our stays were 3-4 years ago.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Craghopper99
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This is a review regarding the booking experience.

Having previously been to Kinloch Campsite and turned heel and gone elsewhere due to the Managers attitude, I was debating where to stay for our upcoming visit in May 2018. On looking noticed that this site was under new management, so as it is a beautiful spot thought we'd give it another go.

We decided to book for three nights in May and went to leave a deposit but the card payment kept crashing mid transaction. I decided to call and check the booking had gone though. I spoke to a very friendly lady who confirmed it hadn't and explained the email would be sent directly after payment and to pop it through again as her system had no booking. I do so and all went smoothly.

I though I write this review because I spoke to a very friendly and considerate lady who helped me with my problem. Recent reviews specifically in late 2017 do not reflect the service this site now offers and would urge fellow travellers to give it a go.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple