“Fantastc accommodation, weather and location.”
other travellers have booked this property
Back Brae Lodge location behind the famous Royal Buildings in Tobermory.
Location below Western Isles Hotel. Kitchen and dining area.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Back Brae Lodge location behind the famous Royal Buildings in Tobermory.
Location below Western Isles Hotel.
Kitchen and dining area.
Living area.
Living area with partition closed.
Dining and living area.
Double sofabed closed.
Double sofabed open.
Upper entrance.
Some local Tobermory products.
Main bedroom.
Main bedroom with sink.
Main bedroom with full length mirror.
Bedroom
Time for a nap.
Upper stairway.
Lower stairway.
Bathroom with shower and bath.
Lobby and drying room.
Decking by rock face.
Entrances to Back Brae Lodge
Main Street, Tobermory
Elvis the otter.
White tailed sea eagle.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Linda W
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Fantastc accommodation, weather and location.”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We have had a fantastic week on Mull staying inthe very well appointed Back Brae Lodge. There was everything anyone could want in the property, it was clean, warm and welcoming. The area was a great place to be based, we had no car but getting around and doing what we wanted was no problem at all. we had a great day out with Arthur Brown from Discover Mull. We saw Sea Eagles, Otters, Golden Eagles and lots more and Pams homemade cooking was the icing on the cake. We also did the walk to the lighthouse and the one to Aros park, we would recommend both but do make sure you take a drink. A great holiday, great location and we hope to go back again in the near future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The standard of the property from bed to knives and forks.
Liked least: The lock on the entrance door ( very hard to lock and unlock).
Your age range 50-64
LondonSco...
london
“Fantastic house in a beautiful location”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Back Brae Lodge has everything needed for a relaxing stay on the beautiful Isle of Mull. We were lucky to have great weather so did not spend a lot of time indoors but the house is a great place to come back to after a busy day. It is perfectly situated, just set back from the harbour so within a few footsteps of a selection of bars and restaurants. The kitchen is very well equipped and spotlessly clean. The lovely shortbread was most welcome after travelling as were the wee bottles from the local distillery.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
sunnybank...
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful... relaxing stay in Tobermory. Definatley recommend highly”
Reviewed 28 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Recently returned from our stay at Back Brae Lodge in Tobermory.
We loved the lodge very much. so spacious and airy. Everything we needed over or stay was there to hand. Loved the fact that we had 2 floors to live in. Excellent accommodation that we will recommend to our friends and family.
We felt the cost for the lodge was excellent value.
The information leaflets and walking plans available were both interesting and informative. We loved the walk to the lighthouse ( short half hour walk)
I love photography and art so Tobermory and Mull we just perfect. We were very lucky to have had a good week of weather too. Driving around Mull is easy too, quiet roads ... always good
A definite MUST is the boat trip to visit Staffa Island and the Isle of Lunga ...the puffins were truly wonderful and they were so close ...only a few feet away.
Location and accommodation highly recommended.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: nothing I can think of.
Your age range 35-49
Large groups
Ravenslas...
Scotland
“An absolute gem of Tobermagic.”
Reviewed 14 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

The interior light and air within Back Brae Lodge gives it an energy that is uplifting and generous. The setting is perfect, tucked behind the frequently featured coloured houses of the Main Street in Tobermory. The lack of view from the house is not important such are the good feelings when indoors! The levels of comfort are good and ease of use of all appliances perfect. The owner has thought of everything and I am delighted to have stayed here bringing my Australian friends who say thank you to the owner too.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I loved how comfortable we all felt here.
Liked least: Nothing to mention.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with pets
Teej_P_21
Oakland, California
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 13 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

I stayed at the Back Brae Lodge for three weeks Feb/March 2013. What a find! For starters, Kenny was more-than helpful with communicating with me while making arrangements for my stay. His responses were prompt, and his instructions for payment/arrival/departure/etc. were clear and thorough. Any confusion (mostly on my end) was quickly explained and the details provided made getting there and getting settled a pleasure rather than a stressful experience.

The flat itself is just as described and seen in the photos. I can't rave enough about it. It's open and full of light, and everything is clean. I was traveling solo, but the flat could easily accommodate several people without getting overly crowded. Everything worked -- kitchen, washer/dryer, tv, internet, etc. -- and the apartment is set up so that you can be entirely self sufficient. As I was staying for three weeks, I couldn't afford eating out every meal, and I needed a space where I could be comfortable just hanging out. There are books and puzzles and dvd's, so one can enjoy rainy afternoons or mellow evenings. Most helpful is a detailed manual that explains how everything works in the flat (such as appliances, heat, and so on) that also contains information on the town and surrounding area.

I was in Tobermory furing the off season, so many things were either closed or just opening for Spring, but there was more than enough going on to keep me fed and to give me things to do. The supermarket is well stocked and I especially loved hanging out at the chocolate cafe in the afternoon. The locals are friendly, warm, and seem to love a nice chat with out-of-towners. And, of course, the town itself is lovely. I had planned on renting a car, but wound up just staying in town. There are great restaurants in town & multiple area hikes (listed in the manual in the apartment). Please hike out to the lighthouse. It's one of my favorite places on the planet.

I have done other long stays, and nothing compares to this. The main reason isn't just the flat (which, again, is simply beautiful) but more than anything, the warm welcome and outstanding communication received from the owner, Kenny. It feels like he really wants people to enjoy their stay. For me, Back Brae Lodge instantly felt like "home" as opposed to just a place I was staying. I'm hoping someday to make a return visit!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing