“Good food, but could be better!”
Review of Galleon Grill

Galleon Grill
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Tobermory
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Galleon Grill is a firm favourite in Tobermory. It specialises in Steaks, ribs and seafood all cooked on an open grill. It is only 10 yards from the harbour front.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We knew it would be tight for time when we arrived on Mull, but, having pre-booked two weeks earlier we expected better! They were not expecting us, and we were sent to a table by the toilets, even though the place was almost empty and we were only a couple. The food was lovely, but very expensive for what we got.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

While I was traveling around Scotland, I was basically doing an unofficial “Chippie Tour” along the way! Usually the best proper F&C are not in the seated restaurants, as the locals say, but at the hole in the walls or chippie trucks. It was a Sunday and the truck and most places in Tobermory were closed, so I was told Galleon Grill was the place to go. I admit I was a bit skeptical and thought geez I’m about to over pay for something Subpar.. but I was so wrong! This fish and chips complete with mushy peas was soooo amazing! Hats off to the chef, the hostess and the entire place for a lovely evening! It was a beautiful cute place down the alley along the water with great service, great people, and delicious food! Thank you

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

A small restaurant with really good food, meat/seafood of different kinds. Fast and nice service, great.

2  Thank Anders386
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Eat here twice during a visit to Mull. Great service, nice atmosphere, lovely food. Biggest steaks on Mull & reasonably priced. Highly recommended & would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We moved to Mull in January and we had heard lots of people saying that the Galleon Grill was a great place to visit but a little expensive. So we decided to go there for my birthday as a special treat. When we booked on the phone, the waitress could not understand my name to the point my partners had to spell it out using phonics...she still got it wrong - Cathy is that so unusual!!! When we arrived we were greeted kindly and shown to our table. The restaurant was quiet at first and a little dark. The service up to this point was great we ordered our starters and mains and we didn't have to wait long. Starter was lovely and we were looking forward to the rest of the meal. The main, well my son's meal was great and he really enjoyed it. Me and my partners meal was not so good,to the point that he could not eat it, when asked by the waitress if everything was ok, I did mention that the food was really salty but my partner didnt want to cause a scene as he does not like to complain!!
My meal was as salty as my partners but i ate it because I felt I had to but it was not enjoyable and left my mouth quite sore due to the amount of salt used in seasoning. Both meals were covered in salt and the handmade chips looked like they had been sitting in warm fat,they were cooked but not crispy as i would expect from a chip!! Also when the meals were served the waitress did not ask if we needed any sauces etc and I had to go an ask for these which arrived in paper cups. This was the icing on the cake!!! I would expect excessive salt and paper cups from McDonald's but not from a "classy" steakhouse like this. After the meal I felt like I just needed to get out of their quickly to relieve my mouth i won't be visiting again!!!!!

Date of visit: September 2018