“Very enjoyable”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We came here on Thursday evening, myself my husband and another couple. Three up us shared some tapas starters of homemade humous, calamari and prawns. All very tasty. Two of us had the seafood pasta which was very generous in a wonderful sauce and homemade pasta ( not too much pasta which suited me ) Two had the sea bass which they also enjoyed with additional potatoes. I also ordered a portion of courgettes. It’s usual in Italian restaurants to order veg separately. My friend also had the Tiramisu which she gave a 10 out of 10 and she’s a bit of an expert on this dish. Service was very good but we were the only ones in so not much atmosphere which was a shame. The couple running the restaurant said they had only taken over a month ago.

2  Thank Woolieclogs

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Our night here was a total joy from start to finish. We got a warm welcome, a relaxed atmosphere and the food was absolutely delicious. This was such a pleasure after a less than happy experience earlier in our holiday on the mainland. Under new management so reviews from last year are not really relevant. The new couple clearly care about their venture and have paid a lot of attention to the menu and the extras. My fish was perfect, the vegetables a delight - not overcooked as can be the case in some restaurants- and my pudding a lovely indulgence.

2  Thank Martyn H
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I was quite disappointed with the food when my family eat here for my mum’s birthday. I’d eaten here last year when there was a different chef and management, and the food was exceptional then. The best fish and seafood dishes being served on the island at that time so my hopes had perhaps been too high. The sea bass was a small piece served on huge pile of peas, with nothing else on the plate which was just odd and not enjoyable. The seafood pasta dish on the other hand was generous and really enjoyed by my niece. The beef ravioli dish had lots of flavour but was tough and a little dried out.

3  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The food here is beautifully and carefully crafted by the chef, but you don’t get a lot for the money. Staff are friendly.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We ate here on a week night early and were seated right away. I ordered the pizza and it was OK. My mom ordered spaghetti and meatballs. Meatballs were generous and homemade. Sauce was homemade as well. Salad was minimal. Service was spot on. Would recommend for intimate dining.

1  Thank scienceteach28