All reviews oriental room homemade biscuits arts and crafts perfect hosts friendly hosts room was large amazing bathroom b bs after a long day a lovely place to stay warm welcome great shower attending a wedding nearby robes and slippers both mornings lovely card breakfast was delicious
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We have stayed in a lot of hotels, a lot of B&Bs, and a lot of Airbnbs. The Gardenrose is probably in my top 5. If you like Arts and Crafts architecture this is the place for you. Our room was large; almost suite size with a king size bed and sitting area. The room was stunning with large bay windows. We had the Glasgow room which you can view on the website. And the bathroom and shower was also first rate. John and his wife prepare custom breakfasts. The town of Maybole is quite small, but John drove us to a wonderful restaurant in a nearby town for one of our best meals over a 3 week holiday. Maybole lies very near the Culzean Castle. Gardenrose is also just a 5 minute walk from the train station. If you’re looking for a special place to stay in Scotland, I recommend the Gardenrose!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We have just had 4 nights in the Glasgow suite and what a fabulous time there. John and Morvern made us very welcome and the room was first class. The breakfast each day was fabulous and everything was great and we would recommend a visit to everyone. Andrew and Rita

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Lovely welcome, we stayed in the Oriental Room. Bed was one of the biggest I've ever slept in and very comfortable. Bathroom was ultra modern, beautiful. Forgot to try the home made biscuits, really sorry I didn't as the breakfast were wonderful got everything we asked for and cooked to perfection. Would recommend this place to everyone it really is one of the best and deserves more than 5 stars.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

My (then) fiance and I stayed at the absolutely lovely Gardenrose B&B for a couple of nights before our wedding at Dalduff Farm 2 weeks ago. We stayed in the Oriental Room, which is decorated beautifully with the most amazing bathroom I've ever seen!! I made sure I had a relaxing bath during our stay - which was much needed to get over wedding craziness!! The breakfasts were delicious and nothing was too much trouble. John and Morvern were so accommodating throughout our stay and once we checked out, were also hosting some of our wedding guests, who all said to us what a gem of a place this is! Really couldn't recommend this B&B enough - one of the best we've stayed in and will now be in our memories forever with it being part of our wedding experience! Thank you so much for everything you did and also thank you for our lovely card - hugely appreciated!

Room Tip: Chose the Oriental Room!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We felt right at home on our first night in Scotland, thanks to the wonderful accommodations and John and Morvern's hospitality. For breakfast, the salmon, which was sourced from the Highlands, was the absolute best of our 10-day UK trip.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple