“Quiet family time”
other travellers have booked this property
Front door Hallway
Woods
River
Kitchen
New 6 person jacuzzi
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Quiet family time ”
Reviewed 15 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

Booked Hazelbank cottage for a weekend for my dads 60th. We had a lovely time and would definitely recommend for some quiet family time away. No nearby neighbours so plenty of notice can be made.

On arrival I wasn’t aware of the eroded drive until I scrapped the bottom of my car which was unfortunate! I was first to arrive so was able to pass the message on to the rest of the family before their cars suffered the same fate.

House is big and photos don’t do it justice. It has everything you need and Dawn kindly left a few bottles of wine, chocolates and milk to get us started. She wasn’t able to meet us due to family circumstances but she left the key and I gave her a call so she could talk me through the hot tub which is easy enough.

The house is in the middle of nowhere which is lovely but in the car it took 10mins to get to Girvan, we had a walk along the beach but not much happening in Girvan so just spent most of our time in the cottage.

Plenty of games etc for the kids to play, no mobile phone signal but WiFi was fine.

A couple of other things.. the outdoor area could do with a good clean but as the weathers not been the greatest until now it probably can’t be helped and we were only really outside to jump into the hot tub. A trampoline is advertised but this has been blown away into the trees. There’s a log fire but no firewood left, we tried to get some in Girvan but none in the shops.

Look out for the little Stoat living under the decking, he normally makes a morning appearance.. cute!

Bethany K
“Hen weekend”
Reviewed 15 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Me and my friends have just stayed here for the weekend. It is a beautiful house in a lovely quiet area.

The house is finished to a very high standard, even down to the bedding used.

Although I didn't use the hot tub myself for medical reasons, my friends loved it and spent a lot of time in it.

The owner Dawn was always friendly and helpful whenever I messaged her about the booking and when showing us around the property when we arrived.

Thanks for a lovely stay

JoanneDav...
“Miss”
Reviewed 30 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Stayed at Hazelbank Cottage for 2 nights in March. Just decided to have a couple of nights away with the girls for a getaway.
On arrival Dawn the part owner had left us prosecco and choccies. Lovely welcome to arrive to.
Rooms and the full house were very clean and welcoming... well equiped with anything u may need including some board games and kitchen equipment.
Dawn had also went out of her way to provide us with a new bbq as the old one was obviously well used and a new one was required for the coming summer months that should hopefully bring alot of sunshine!
Simple things like fresh towels, products to wash clothes etc and dishwashing tablets / fairy liquid, milk and plenty of toilet rolls were also provided as this isnt always a given with a rental like this.
Having stayed at several properties like this we were all very impressed with the service and the standard of attention the owners had paid to catering for guests needs.
Will only mention one thing and that is when arriving by car, stick to the left of the driveway from the road as the bad weather and water has obviously taken its toll on the tarmac which has left a substantial drop at the right hand side. Not an issue if you see it before you drive down.
We are already looking into booking this property again and thank Dawn very much for all her help.

Robyn T
“Great weekend away!”
Reviewed 5 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

Lovely cottage, beautiful surroundings, easy to find especially with co ordinates provided , great hot tub and the owners were great very easy to get in contact with/ very helpful & friendly.
Had a great weekend and we went down into Girvan to the harbour which was nice short distance drive. The cottage was very clean and the beds were super comfy. We will definitely be coming back again at some point! Thank you :)

mariemccr...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Peaceful and Tranquil”
Reviewed 22 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I've just returned from a weekend away at Hazelbank Cottage. The cottage is decorated to a high standard and everything you need is there. The location is perfect as there is an Asda 10 mins drive away. If your looking for a place to stay with friends, family or just a break away from city life, then book Hazelbank, its perfect and I can't wait to go back for my 4th visit in the summer.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing