Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$338
Trip.comUS$338
eDreamsUS$352
1,044 results
All reviews stuart and susannah owners and staff mountain view rogie falls beautiful hotel first class roaring fire homemade shortbread superb food warm welcome fairy trail octagonal dining room public areas wine list scottish highlands long drive short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2021

This was a dream wedding at a venue you really cannot find anything better. Set on stunning grounds and run by a team we have never been treated so well by. Lara the wedding organizer is outstanding. So attentive, approachable, knowledgeable and on hand for anything. No request or question too stupid! Stuart the hotel owner and general manager Chris were there making sure everything is ready for the morning of the wedding. Always on hand to help. The assistant manage Casey was brilliant, nothing was to much. The waiting staff Beata & Valentin were outstanding. Never forgetting anything for any guests. Remembering any little details even about a guest liking a mug at breakfast rather than a cup. Suzanna who is Stuarts wife was there the morning after greeting guests and helping with breakfast service and dealing with reception. The housekeeping team are tremendous, rooms were spotless, there is also an evening turndown team which is a nice touch. The meal was something else, the hotel deserves to have Rosette or two for the standard of the food! I cannot say enough about the meal we had the night before, the wedding breakfast, the canapes and the afternoon teas with homemade scores. I don't think anything we ate the whole weekend was bought in, everything was made in house which in incredible for the numbers they deal with! The whole team at Coul house are second to none! Honestly hands down the best wedding I have ever been to. Every member of staff are awesome! I can't thank you all enough for making our day what it was!

Room tip: Everything in the hotel is perfect.
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 17 December 2020

We had a wonderful evening in Coul House. We had a wonderfully warm welcome and the bar where we enjoyed a pre dinner drink was beautiful. The service was terrific, the food wonderful and the restaurant beautiful. We only live about ten miles away and we left, more than happy, wondering why we don't visit more often. We will not leave it so long until we return next time.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 5 December 2020

My wife and I enjoyed a dinner, bed and breakfast night at Coul House. As we were the only overnight guests on a December, Covid-era Tuesday, we were upgraded to what was surely the best room in the hotel. It had a glorious view over the sweeping lawns, a wonderful big bed and plenty of tasteful furnishings, plus - wait for it - a TV above the bath! Decadent or what?
Coul House is a beautiful building - the original Mackenzie owners had the good taste to employ a fine 19th century architect - not one of the gloomy neo-gothic ones - so the fine big ground floor rooms housing the lounge bar and the dining room are bright and cheerful. Covid guidance was being carefully observed, with plenty spacing for social distancing and the staff all masked.
We were also the only guests for dinner - which got us, of course, the best table! We loved our little rabbit starters followed by a fine coq-au-vin. Lovely home-made bread as well. My cheese cake dessert was unusual. Coffee and a dram from the excellent gantry back in the lounge bar completed a fine evening.
Would I recommend Coul House? Absolutely - can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 24 November 2020

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights at the end of October. Very sadly, I was up in the Highlands attending my dear Mum's funeral. It was as you can imagine a sad and difficult time. Thankfully, the hotel was great, the staff were brilliant in particular Chris Mcleod (Manager) and Emma-Fleur Grof (Front Desk). They were both so lovely and supportive not to mention excellent in their roles and a credit to the Coul House Hotel.
Room was nice and clean, amazing powerful shower. The breakfast was first class! Was nice in the evening sitting next to the great old big open fire. Very cosy. I will be back again when i'm up visiting my family scattered about Ross-Shire.

Thanks
Craig

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 23 November 2020

We live in the highlands and have been keen to support local businesses when it has been safe to do so. We haven't been on a trip or stayed anywhere other than our house since March so this was a much needed escape!

When we arrived the welcome was extremely friendly, we were taken to our room and given robes and slippers. The room itself was lovely, my only minor complaint was that the floor of the bathroom was lino which, given the rest of the fixtures and fittings, seemed a bit of an odd choice.

We booked dinner and whilst I assumed the food would be good, it was nothing short of excellent. The crab and the duck were brilliant.My other half cant eat dairy products and was extremely well looked after - to the point of dairy free butter being supplied along with the bread.

The bed was big and comfortable and we had a great view out onto the gardens.

Would love to come back in the future!

Date of stay: November 2020