“A home cock restaurant”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Quick service, good prices and OK food. stayed for a quick lunch and we had different cold meals.
Worth a visit.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Possibly the worst meal I’ve ever had in a restaurant. I ordered the special which was smoked haddock fishcake with applewood cheese. When it arrived it was so soggy I had to tear it apart, then find some macaroni in it? I can only assume they were using up leftover macaroni. The fishcake had clearly been microwaved and had the most awful taste. No one asked how it was or if we required more drinks. Very disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank josmithx
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Had a couple of drinks here in the few days we were staying local. We didn’t eat so couldn’t say how the food is but the pub is lovely inside and has that local feel. The gent serving was friendly and we enjoyed our drinks

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I think some of the reviews are a bit harsh. The staff were helpful, the guys behind the bar, definitely were. The meals were pub food with a scottish angle. I wouldn't go mad about this place but it had a nice cosy area near the fire and a bright conservatory with lots of tables. Given how few places were open in Jan, I was very happy we went there.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Very bad choice, if you are in Fort Augustus and you are hungry, don't get something to eat in that place. Catch a salmon in the Loch Ness will be better.
Depressing staff and bad food.

Date of visit: January 2018