“Appalling Service”

Drumnadrochit Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Drumnadrochit
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Rooms are average for the cost and very basic. Bar was closed on the first day due to a function being held in the Restaurant and on the second day I was informed that the Restaurant doesn't actually do hot food. Room was left unlocked by the cleaning staff during the day and windows were left open to deal with the damp/condensation. Shower was not functional. Breakfast started at 08:00 which was too late for me.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This review is for the ground floor café rather than the restaurant but I can't find an entry for the café and people seem to be reviewing both on this entry. There seem to be quite a variety of experiences with this place!

We'd just had a very poor experience at the Loch Ness Centre but we keen to go on the cruise and decided to buy a ticket for the 3 o'clock sailing when we came out of the exhibition. Tickets were apparently available at the shop - Nessesities - but it was closed. A notice said if closed we could ask at the reception of the Drumnadrochit Hotel.

We went there; no-one was there. ANOTHER notice said that if no-one was there we should ask in the café. We went to the café. We waited. There were staff in front of behind the counter, looking anywhere but in our direction (they may have been in the middle of serving customers - not that I saw much evidence of that - but a quick "Hello, I'll be with you shortly" would have helped).

Eventually we managed to say we wanted tickets for the cruise; they said we needed to go to the shop. I explained that the shop was shut and a notice had said we should ask at reception but reception was not staffed; she said she'd get someone on reception. The person on reception said we needed to get tickets from the shop. I explained that the shop was shut; she said the shopkeeper was on her lunch (at 2.15pm) and would be back in 15 minutes.

Since we were in a café we thought we might as well have a cup of tea and some cake. The cake was nice. The tea was also nice but I'd rather have had a pot and the opportunity to add my own milk rather than a tea bag floating in a mug of tea with milk already added. The toilets were clean, no towels and the hand dryer didn't work.

Having had that, we went back to the shop, which was now open. We asked for two tickets for the 3 o'clock cruise. "Oh, I'm sorry, it's full, the next one's at 4", came the reply. We left

Reviewed 15 July 2017

This was a busy place in a great location to stop for a while. The food was pretty standard , plenty of bar bakes and scones and really good coffee. It seemed to be very popular with hikers. The only problem was the neglected bathroom! I chose to go elsewhere.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast and wish that we really hadn't, a full English was £9.50 ish, then you had to add £1.80 for tea/coffee and 50p for toast, so breakfast for two came to almost £24!
The young girl who took our order came storming out the kitchen swearing and shouting a few minutes later, so we were left to wait almost half hour for our breakfast which then came in dribs and drabs!
Awful service and an expensive and cold breakfast

Reviewed 17 April 2017

As we had our dog with us we sat outside on the balcony/terrace to eat and luckily it was a sunny day. Lovely view of the Loch Ness and good food served with a smile.