Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$141
eDreamsUS$141
Agoda.comUS$141
TripadvisorUS$141
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2020

I am writing this review for my husband who has just returned from Dornoch.
Every word written will be dictated to me by him.

My son and I checked into the Eagle Hotel for a 2 night stay.
After one night, we decided to leave.
Breakfast was in a bag left outside our room door.
My son asked for a roll with cooked sausage, it was indeed cooked! Burned beyond recognition! Needless to say, he couldn’t eat it.
I went for 2 Croissants and jam plus banana........no banana was given and one tiny pod of jam was given for 2 croissants.
We had a terrible nights sleep on extremely uncomfortable beds that also had badly stained pillows with no pillow protectors.........a complete no-no in the hotel industry.
In my bathroom there was small maintenance issues...e.g the hook on the back of the door was hanging by one screw and the light on the mirror above the sink only had one bulb, the other needed replaced.
Overall, the room was shabby as was my sons room. My shower was decent, my sons was poor as in hardly any pressure.
I spoke to who I believed to be the owner/ manager and voiced my concerns but all he kept saying was “ sorry to hear that”. Basically there was a pure lack of interest.
We felt we couldn’t have another uncomfortable night and decided to leave and drive back to Edinburgh.
The Eagle Hotel also charged us for our stay upon arrival which really as far as I have experienced is not the norm. Even more reason for them not to be concerned we were leaving......they had their money and there was no sign of any kind of recompense.
We were recommended to go to the Eagle Hotel by a local in Dornoch.......NEVER AGAIN!

Room tip: Just don’t stay there!
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 17 October 2020

I was part of a party of six golfers visiting Dornoch. We knew that with the current Covid restrictions that things would be difficult for both hoteliers and guests. We even considered cancelling because we thought the trip just might not be much fun. We are so glad we persevered. We had a great trip in large part due to the welcome we received at the Eagle.

The staff there were just terrific. They have worked so hard to comply with the ever changing rules and restrictions which must have had a devastating effect on their business. Nothing was too much trouble.

Make no mistake, this is not the Ritz but the rooms were spotless, the food simple but well made and the whole package was great value. So 10 out of 10 to Suzanne and the rest of the team. You are stars and we wish you every success in getting through this nightmare and beyond.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

Was well looked after here, only popped in for coffee.

Kids had hot chocolate which they rated highly!

Additional bonus of the 50% off deal from Rishi.

Friendly staff and clean with the current Covid issues going on - very confident of their cleanliness.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Matt75r
Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

Dismal service pizza straight out of spar deep freezer, no refund offered when I addressed the quality of the food. A disappointing experience all round. Won’t be back please AVOID at all costs go and invest somewhere that cares

Reviewed 24 August 2020

We stopped in past for food and drinks and what a disappointing visit it was, our food was below average at best and would be better feeding it to the birds. Avoid this place at all costs. I'm all for supporting local businesses during covid but this one is taking full advantage of scamming it's customers on the quality of food served and what they charge. I will not be back and hope you dont make the same mistake as we did.

I raised my disappointment with the management and they couldn't care less....

Trip type: Travelled with family