“hotel and staff”

Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Crieff
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed again at the creif hydro.And once again a fantastic hotel and great staff and a very warm welcome from the duty manager, Andy. My room which conprised of two rooms and bathroom with bath and shower and separate shower were spotless .We decided to have room service and even though the hotel was full and a wedding on ,our meals with puddings were brought to the room within ten minutes.Myself and 3 ladies are going up in Nov to stay in one of the luxury cabins and we are all looking forward to it .We have stayed in some top end hotel and this hotel top most of them.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but room 123 has a large decking area with a seated table you can enjoy the nigh...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Crieff_Hydr0, Guest Relations Manager at Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks for your feedback richardcraig837, great to hear you had another enjoyable stay with us. Fantastic to note that you were also pleased with the service and we look forward to welcoming you back in November.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,033)

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Recent visit to Crieff Hydro. First of all, if you haven’t been before the rule is book, book, book and by that I mean activities and meals in advance if you don’t plan to venture out and about. Many of the restaurants were fully booked during our stay. It wasn’t a big issue the room service was quick and good and we ventured to Crieff and further for other meals.
We booked our activities in advance and both booking and taking part was easy. The staff at the riding school and aloft deserve a special mention for being efficient and super enthusiastic which really made our weekend.
It was a lovely first stay for us and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thanks so much for your feedback Flakegirl10, lovely to hear you had such an enjoyable visit and made the most of some of our activities. With so much to do we're sure you'll want to return to try something you missed this time and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Had a deluxe FAMILY room for my 2 older sons and myself. Totally recommend it. As they had SEPARATE,ADJOINING SINGLE bedded room closed by a door.The double bed area was spacious with entrance area having plenty of room. We Never felt in each others way. Ideal for all ages although NO single rooms available that weekend THIS WAS PERFECT. Kept clean and tidy by helpful staff.

Room Tip: Deluxe family room has separate, adjoining, twin single beds for any age family. PAY LESS if book b...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments elliem123, we're pleased to note that you all had an enjoyable visit and your room was suitable for you all. We hope we can welcome you back sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I say 'another break' because this must be our 20+ time coming here every year sometimes like this year, twice as we were here in May.
We just love it. The hotel suits us down to the ground from access to ambiance. I use a manual wheelchair so access is very important. We prefer an executive room on the ground floor as opposed a 'disabled' room. Although these rooms (6) are very good I find the executive rooms have everything I need i.e. plenty space to move about and as well as a bath the bathroom has a roll-in shower cubicle with a wall-mounted seat. One also gets water and a jar of sweats although we didn't get any.
There is no drop/fixed handrails around the loo as this is NOT a disabled room as like me I don't need them.
The bed is very comfortable and there's plenty storage space and a safe along with an iron and board. There's also a hairdryer in the drawer.
The only bug-bear I have is the hotel corridors and resyaurant are carpeted, which acts like driving through glue to a wheelchair-user! The rest of the spaces are wooden/stone.
Speaking of eating there are plenty of places to enjoy a meal depending on how casual/smart you want to be. We always book (advised) the main restaurant called The Meikle. It's silver-service and although most guests are smart (shirt and slackes posh frocks) some unfortunately are not (T-shirt and jeans etc), but it's a good excuse to dress up
The service here is excellent as is the food, which is beautifully presented and cooked. The menu is quite gourmetied (not a word I know but Gordon Ramsey would understand it). As well as the table-De-Haute there are other choices, but at an extra cost e.g. steak etc.
This is where breakfast is served in the morning, but go early as it gets very busy after 9.
The car parks are huge and there's plenty disabled spaces.
All-in-all the Crieff Hydro is perfect for a get away and don't let the number of kids put you off as they are only having a great time.
If you are active there's a host of outdoor activities here as well i.e. 4X4, quads, horse riding etc. etc. ect.
Now for my gripes. Housekeeping was awful. At first the room was well stocked although there were no sweats however; they also didn't replace our used towels, facecloths or soap. Neither could we get bathrobes despite asking three times. As a wheelchair-user I need one after bathing as I can't dry myself! A minor issue I know, but important to me.
One other issue with housekeeping on our last day we awoke at 7am put the kettle on only to discover they hadn't replaced milk - what a let down!!!
As it was a special birthday for my wife and our coming up to our wedding anniversary I ordered flowers, which were delivered to our room and were absolutely beautiful as was the bottles of fizz.
Whoever delivered the plonk left us a wee note saying it was in the fridge. A nice touch so thank you.
Book a nice room and The Meikle in advance and you'll have a lovely time - enjoy.

Room Tip: Executive rooms have good facilities
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking time to leave us your comments DavidArnott, we're pleased that you've enjoyed another visit and enjoyed your room and dining experiences. Not so great to hear of the issues you've had with housekeeping and our Housekeeping Manager is following up on this with the team. We hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a cozy cabin which was great. The accommodation wasn't a problem.
However when I checked in on Monday the man on the desk asked me to put a card in and they would take off £200 to cover any extras I might use in the hotel. (Bearing in mind I have already paid the holiday in full 10 weeks ago!) Now I have stayed many times at Crieff and they usually ask for card details, but this was the first time they said they would take money off. As I was slightly unsure I asked him what would happen if I didn't use the money. He told me it would go back in on Friday when I checked out. I felt quite put on the spot and I'm trying to quickly think, OK I've got a couple of hundred pounds of direct debits coming out my account next Monday, and I don't get paid till next Wednesday, but if the money goes back in at the end of this week that will be fine. The man on the desk also told me it wouldn't show up as off my account, it would just be pending. So as I don't carry a credit card in my purse, I put my debit card in. The next day I noticed on my online banking that it certainly does show up as being taken out your account! However again I thought, well it's fine this week and it'll go back in on Friday when I check out. Fast forward to Friday (yesterday) morning and I'm checking out, having NOT charged anything to my room number, and I ask the woman if I need to put my card in the machine again and she replied, no the money will just go back into your bank. IT MIGHT TAKE A FEW DAYS FOR YOUR BANK TO RELEASE THE MONEY!!! Eh, excuse me???!!! So I wander out feeling slightly bewildered and a complete fool for allowing them to take the money in the first place, but I felt as if I wasn't given any choice in the matter. I have to get going to collect my severely disabled son from his respite unit where he's been for 4 nights and don't have any time to think about challenging this. This was supposed to be a wee break and some respite for my husband and I and our other 2 children over the holidays. I'm not rich (unlike Crieff hydro..) and budget carefully for these things. Now I'm left in the position that my account is £200 short and I have my gas, electricity and house insurance all due to come out my bank on Monday! It's like I've given Crieff Hydro a loan of two hundred quid for over a week and they still haven't paid it back, and I'm out of pocket!!! And they don't even mention to you in any correspondence before you arrive that this is going to happen!!! Yeah so I'm afraid this has really put a downer on what was a nice holiday. I'm really annoyed and worried and I feel like an idiot. Not a good ending.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank jenimacg

Many thanks for your feedback jenimacg and so sorry to hear that the pre-authorisation has caused you some issues. If you contact our Customer Services team they'll be happy to look in to this for you. Some problems have arisen with certain banks and they don't release funds as they should, but the team will be able to assist with this if you get in touch.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crieff
0.6 km away
12 km away
Gleneagles
Gleneagles
#1 of 3 in Auchterarder

Been to Crieff Hydro Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!