“Really enjoyed this!”

Cook & Indi's World Buffet - Motherwell
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Motherwell
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Description: At Cook and Indi's World Buffet we present to you, the 'World on a plate'. We let you travel the world through your taste buds, exploring an extensive choice of flavours and having the option to indulge in whatever style of food you desire!
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I was very pleasantly surprised by my first visit to Cook & Indi's in Motherwell. I thought it would feel very rushed and a bit 'messy', but it was relaxed, the food was really good and the staff went out of their way to be helpful and they made sure everything was kept clean, plates cleared away quickly and tables cleaned. Gabriella, who was looking after us was great, friendly and welcoming. There was no pressure to hurry and no-one piled plates high with food because small but repeated helpings is encouraged. We will certainly go back - it is great value and a fantastic chance to try a few different things, e.g. Japanese.Not all options were available at lunchtime but there was still loads of choice. The only reason for not rating it as excellent for food was that I would like to see more and more adventurous Japanese food as the Sushi was a bit bland.

Michael S, Public Relations Manager at Cook & Indi's World Buffet - Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we really appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our restaurants again soon. Please check out our Facebook page for details of upcoming events, promotions and competitions.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I have been here so many times before and I always go back! The food is lovely and there is so much choice! The staff couldn't be any nicer, will definately be back soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Tried here with our friends who live close and found it absolutely brilliant. Ive never seen so much different choices of food. Staff work really hard and are very polite and friendly. Will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Good food, good customer service. Enjoyed my meal with my husband.
Alexis was friendly and shailly had great customer service too

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

A booking was made for my hen night months in advance for over 30 people. I requested a big table for all of us so that we could all sit around the one table to celebrate together. This did not happen. We were split up and my friends were made to feel really awkward and I felt terrible. This table also waited over an hour for their bill.

When the table was booked my bridesmaid was advised she could decorate the table in whatever she wanted. Again this did not happen when we arrived it was decorated for Halloween in such a way I could not see my family at the other end of the table. My bridesmaids were told no you cannot decorate the table with the little hearts etc as they would be unable to clean it up. Ridiculous! Utter laziness on their part.

Drinks took forever to arrive when ordered. When I called to finalise the booking a free drink was agreed for all by the manager however he did not keep to his word and charges us. Not happy with that I queried it and was told he told me a shot for everyone. When I pointed out that no shots were stipulated over the phone he carried on to tell me it was. My aunt was also told by staff she could have whatever free drink she wanted. Eventually he took all non alcohol drinks off the bill but I was still left short of cash for the rest of my hen night. I was highly embarrassed and mortified that they went back on the deal. Shocking and terrible that they did this to me on one of the biggest nights of my life.

If you are thinking of going for a big event. Don’t! Avoid it.

They don’t stick to their word and they lie!