“Family restaurant ”
Review of Raven's Cliff

Raven's Cliff
Ranked #15 of 70 Restaurants in Motherwell
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Description: We believe food and drink should make you feel good. That’s why we prepare food with love and pride. And serve carefully chosen drinks in warm, bright, places that make people feel relaxed and comfortable as soon as they come in. Attention to detail and thoughtful touches make eating and drinking with us something you’ll want to do whenever you can. Our steaks are dry-aged for 35 days. Pizzas are hand-stretched and hand-finished. Our wine list is well balanced, with crisp whites and robust reds. And we do fizz on tap: by the glass or in a carafe to share with friends. Smooth cask ales, craft beers, and spirits sit alongside soft options that make tastebuds jump around. Pop in on the fly for a quick bite or settle into one of our comfy chairs and unwind over a meal that can last as long as you like.
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Good food but service can be very slow hit or miss have visited many times but been disappointed as not all meals came out together had to ask for things which should have been there e.g sauces.

Stephen M, Deputy Manager at Raven's Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Hi Kay W. Please accept my apologies that you have not received the level of service that we would expect you to experience at our pub. Our team aspires to better than that and will be disappointed to hear that they have not succeeded on this occasion. These reviews are fed back to the team and will be discussed fully to help with the continuing development of the pub. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I’m sad I have to offer a less than satisfactory review as this restaurant is local to me and I really would like to see it do well

.. online booking failed to materialise to the restaurant staff so we were not expected on point of arrival thus holding everything up

Order drinks for family of 6 4 of them poor quality and flat with little it no fizz at all only the water for the kids was what was ordered

Starters ordered and took a fair while to arrive one was inedible 2 were not pleasant to either look at or eat and 1 was ok but very basic and not good standard . One was served totally cold and had to be returned

Mains were an hour later. The table aside to us arrived 30to 40 mins later than us and we’re finished eating their meal prior to our starters were cleared away. Our food was not acceptable whatsoever in terms of appearance standard nor cost looked like a ready frozen meal microwaved and plonked on a plate not a standard reflected in the cost albeit not expensive this looked alike to a 1.99 ready meal from a freezer outlet.

Having returned a starter and left the others we felt embarrassed to cause a fuss any more than was already done. Certainly far from satisfied

Asked for the bill and the resident point of sale machine alike to the food failed to work! We were all searching and borrowing from each other to pay . Excused by Staff as a failure to achieve suitable wireless service.

As I said I’m disappointed I have to write this review because as local we will this restaurant to get it right! Give the best customer experience and serve up decently food even if it cost a bit more

I expect the manager to contact me with a refund offered in reply to this review . Why!!! Because they are sitting in a great building in my local area which made me want to go ... they let my party down

2  Thank Eliza G
Stephen M, Deputy Manager at Raven's Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hi Eliza G. Please again accept my apologies on behalf of the team here at the Raven's Cliff. Having spoken to you on the phone already we are arranging the refund for you and will contact you when that has been processed. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to show you that this is not the standard of food or service that we aim to deliver for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and please don't hesitate to get in touch in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

First and very last visit to the Ravens Cliff. Starter cold and was sent back. Main courses took over one hour to arrive and the food was of very poor quality! All meals arrived at different times and the table next to us who arrived around 30 mins after us got fed before us! Roast turkey dry as dust, gravy disgusting with absolutely no flavour and the pork belly, well I’m lost for words. No glaze, soggy on top so layer of fat soft instead of crispy and pork very, very tough! Potatoes dry, frozen veg not properly cooked and to cap it all my friend had clingfilm in her turkey. Most of the food was look warm and def not hot as it should have been. The draft Irn bru was flat and the point of sale machine failed not once but twice and we had to scrape together the money to pay for this dreadful meal! We will never return to this place and would advise everyone never to eat there! I’ve given this a 1 rating only because I can’t give it a zero it even a minus rating!

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team here at the Raven's Cliff. This is not the standard of food or service that we aim to provide here and it disappoints me to hear that we have let you down on this occasion. I have been in contact with another member of your party and I am processing a refund by way of an apology. I am saddened to hear you feel you cannot return but I hope you will give us another chance at some point in the future. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Four for dinner. Drinks and meals served okay. Two minutes later we were asked if everything was okay - it was then. The lamb dish I had was a plate of fat and when I pointed this out to the waitress, she 'would let the kitchen know' ??? No apology. Later asked for the bill and let the waitress know again about the lamb meal. No apology but she said she didn't like lamb and didn't know what it should be??? The waitresses couldn't have cared less. Won't be back!!!!!!

Hi J M. I have been in contact with another member of your party and am processing a refund by way of an apology. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team here at the Raven's Cliff. It is disappointing to hear that you have not enjoyed the experience in the way that we would hope our guests do. I appreciate the feedback and am disappointed that you feel you won't be back, but I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that this is not typical of the standard of food or service we deliver here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I’ve came here a few times now. The place itself is lovely. The staff , overworked, but lovely. The management seem to care very little for staff, that was obvious. The food. Well your getting cheap food at cheap prices. Nothing special. Nothing bad. Would I recommend this place, yes for a quick bit, absolutely not for a special occasion.
Will I go back .... don’t need time to think about that one.... NO.

Dan L, Manager at Raven's Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi Julie,

We will take your comments constructively and use them to implement changes. We ae a well established team and our management team care for and work closely with our whole team to look after both the team and our guests. We're saddened that this was not more evident during your visit. We've passed your comments regarding your meals to our kitchen and food development teams at head office.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you change your mind about revisiting.