All reviews sunday lunch course menu main course bit dated steak pie piping hot afternoon tea ploughmans itison wedding venue
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I had booked two twin bed rooms for single occupancy, unfortunately I had had to cancel one of the room a fortnight before I was due to arrive. When I arrived I found that both rooms had been cancelled. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) they had a room available. The next problem for me was the fact that the hotel has no lift. As a senior citizen I found it extremely difficult climbing up to the second floor with a heavy suitcase. I think that maybe it should be pointed out when advertised that that the hotel has no lift. Breakfast was included in the price and I was told that it was served 7am - 9am I went to the dinning room at 8.15, looking forward to a full breakfast. However this was very disappointing. The bacon, sausage and beans had obviously been kept warm for quite a while as they were dry, hard and uneatable, only the egg was freshly cooked. I wouln't recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We had a private room for a family celebration, the food was very good with decent sized portions. The service was okay, but they could have been more attentive with drinks orders The overall feel of the Bentley is one of a venue that needs to be brought into the 20th century with a major refurbishment always looking as though it is needed

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017

Me and my family are regular diners at the Bentley over many years and have never had any complaints - good value for money. However, on a visit for Sunday lunch last Sunday I was disappointed that there was no opportunity to simply have one or two courses for lunch - the only menu on offer was a very good value 3 course meal for £12.95. This is ideal for big eaters but I am at an age when 1 main or at a push 2 courses are more than enough. I also had my very elderly mother with me who at a push can manage one small portion. Why not offer the a la carte menu alongside the Sunday 3 course menu and why not offer smaller pensioner size portions. This is something a few establishments are taking on board. I feel the Bentley will miss out on regular smaller eaters with this Sunday style.

Room Tip: I was simply dining at the hotel - not staying over so cannot comment.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Went for a meal with family and friends, lovely food in ice surroundings, staff veryoleasant and group. Very reasonably priced, well presented and courses nicely spaced out, well worth a visit for meal with family and friends.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Have been enjoying Sunday lunch here every week for several years now and cant see past it for value for money and good quality food. Indeed, every other eatery I go to I find myself comparing this vfm and quality. Only the previous evening I paid over £13 in an hotel dining room for an overcooked hamburger and chips, 2 greasy onion rings and a leaf of lettuce. Sunday lunch at the Bentley for £12.95 will do you a full 3 courser with a choice of 5 starters, 8 mains and 4 or 5 sweets.....no frills, just good food,well prepared This price has only just had to rise to this having been a ridiculous 9.95 for too long. I reckon The Bentley's Sunday lunch must be hard to beat if you pay attention to what your pound buys you. In that regard you cant lose.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple