“Out for Lunch.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Excellent service, good food.
Nice and clean amenities with helpful staff.
portions could have been larger.

Date of visit: September 2018
Lisa C, Senior Sales & Events Coordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for leaving your review. I am pleased you received excellent service during your lunch visit at The Wide Mouth Frog restaurant. We do aim to provide good value for our customers so I will be sure to pass your comments onto our head chef.
We hope to see you back again in future.
Lisa Clark

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Had a lovely lunch today with my Husband food was great I had carrot and coriander soup my husband had the haggis for mains I had roast beef he had club sandwich followed by sticky toffee pudding

Date of visit: November 2018

Thank you for leaving your 5* review. I am delighted to hear that yourself and your husband enjoyed your lunch with us and were able to try a few of our dishes from our menu. We will hopefully see you back again soon.
Lisa Clark

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Title says it all. Lovely breakfast, however service could have been better, wrong drinks given, wrong order brought to the table , tried to serve the toast long before the breakfast was served , and then had to wait ten minutes for the bill .

Date of visit: November 2018
Lisa C, Sales & Events Co-ordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am sorry to hear the service you received at your recent visit to Dalziel Park was not up to our usual standard. We are delighted you enjoyed your breakfast however I will pass your feedback onto both our General Manager and Head Chef to look into the issues you raised regarding your waiting time and the service you received. We do appreciate all our customers feedback good and not so good to help us improve our customers experience. If there is anything you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact us at dalziel@lisini.co.uk. We really hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

I often stay here on business, it is a great hotel with great staff, especially Jennifer( i think).The restaurant and bar are superb. Well thought out menu using local produce, cooked with great flair.
If I had a complaint it would be...because I stay so often the menu gets a little boring. While I do understand it takes a lot of work to change a menu perhaps a few more 'daily specials'.
Thanks
P

Date of visit: October 2018
Lisa C, Sales & Events Co-ordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Good afternoon Peter,
Thank you so much for your great feedback.
We are thrilled you always enjoy your stays with us and delighted to hear that you found the welcome and food to be of a high standard. I will pass your feedback on to Jennifer who will be pleased. I will also pass your comments regarding the menu options onto our Head Chef as we do appreciate all feedback that we receive as it allows us to constantly improve. We will have a new menu for the New year and our Festive dining menu will be available from the 3rd December so there will be some different options available. We will look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

That being said before you read my disappointing review I would like to say that I have been here several times over the course of a few years and that this place is still very good in terms of food, service and atmosphere, and I would recommend it to others to try.

However I went back recently for a family member's birthday dinner and was disappointed with what I had ordered for my main dish (the Piri Piri Chicken Burger) as the burger was completely overpowered by the taste of the caramelised onions found under the chicken. I then proceeded to scrape the caramelised onion off the burger to see if it tasted any better only to find that without the onions the chicken burger was in fact tasteless, with no taste of Piri Piri to be found. Along side my burger was a side of salad and coleslaw and it almost seems funny to type this but they had more seasoning and taste than the burger which isn't right at all. (yes it important to season the sides but to have a customer think their sides were better than what they specifically ordered for, to me seems wrong.

To end on a positive note:
I also had the Hagis samosas for my starter and they were amazing!! I would definitely have them again.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Hughes102579
Lisa C, Sales & Events Co-ordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Good evening,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased you have been to Dalziel Park on several occasions and enjoyed your visits with us however I am sorry to hear at your recent visit celebrating a birthday you felt your main course was bland especially compared to your side dishes. I will pass your feedback onto our Head Chef and General Manager who will look into this as the Piri Piri Burger is a popular dish, so certainly not our usual standard. If there is anything further you would like to discuss please do not hesitate to contact us at dalziel@lisini.co.uk as we do appreciate all our customers feedback good and not so good as our customers experience is very important to us. We appreciate you recommending the venue to others and we hope that you will return soon so we can show you that this is not our usual standard.