The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

I often stay here on business, it is a great hotel with great staff, especially Jennifer( i think).The restaurant and bar are superb. Well thought out menu using local produce, cooked with great flair.
If I had a complaint it would be...because I stay so often the menu gets a little boring. While I do understand it takes a lot of work to change a menu perhaps a few more 'daily specials'.
Thanks
P

Date of visit: October 2018
Lisa C, Sales & Events Co-ordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Good afternoon Peter,
Thank you so much for your great feedback.
We are thrilled you always enjoy your stays with us and delighted to hear that you found the welcome and food to be of a high standard. I will pass your feedback on to Jennifer who will be pleased. I will also pass your comments regarding the menu options onto our Head Chef as we do appreciate all feedback that we receive as it allows us to constantly improve. We will have a new menu for the New year and our Festive dining menu will be available from the 3rd December so there will be some different options available. We will look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

That being said before you read my disappointing review I would like to say that I have been here several times over the course of a few years and that this place is still very good in terms of food, service and atmosphere, and I would recommend it to others to try.

However I went back recently for a family member's birthday dinner and was disappointed with what I had ordered for my main dish (the Piri Piri Chicken Burger) as the burger was completely overpowered by the taste of the caramelised onions found under the chicken. I then proceeded to scrape the caramelised onion off the burger to see if it tasted any better only to find that without the onions the chicken burger was in fact tasteless, with no taste of Piri Piri to be found. Along side my burger was a side of salad and coleslaw and it almost seems funny to type this but they had more seasoning and taste than the burger which isn't right at all. (yes it important to season the sides but to have a customer think their sides were better than what they specifically ordered for, to me seems wrong.

To end on a positive note:
I also had the Hagis samosas for my starter and they were amazing!! I would definitely have them again.

1  Thank Hughes102579
Lisa C, Sales & Events Co-ordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Good evening,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased you have been to Dalziel Park on several occasions and enjoyed your visits with us however I am sorry to hear at your recent visit celebrating a birthday you felt your main course was bland especially compared to your side dishes. I will pass your feedback onto our Head Chef and General Manager who will look into this as the Piri Piri Burger is a popular dish, so certainly not our usual standard. If there is anything further you would like to discuss please do not hesitate to contact us at dalziel@lisini.co.uk as we do appreciate all our customers feedback good and not so good as our customers experience is very important to us. We appreciate you recommending the venue to others and we hope that you will return soon so we can show you that this is not our usual standard.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Dined here on an Itison deal. The meal was great value for money and the food was delicious. Staff were friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: October 2018
Lisa C, Sales & Events Co-ordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Good afternoon Sandra,
Thank you for the lovely 5* review.
We are so pleased to hear that you had a lovely time visiting Dalziel Park and both enjoyed your meal using your Itison voucher. I will pass your feedback onto the staff who will be thrilled.
We will hopefully see you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We like a wee trip to dalziel park so when we saw it on itison we thought - ideal and bought 2 offers - now we are trying to decide who we dont like enough to give the other voucher to!!! To say the food was crap would be a compliment! Thats harsh - we had lovely starters but the main courses the lamb tagine with couscous would have been as well as being described as lamb with wood shavings- dry amd yuk yuk yuk - ihad the piri piri burger - im sure mcdonalds or kfc have mastered thAt just a wee bit better than dalziel park- so disappointing- DONT PUT OFFERS ON ITISON ETC IF YOU CANNY FOLLOW THROUGH!!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Lisa C, Senior Sales & Events Coordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. We do take on board all feedback both good and bad. I am so disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit using your Itison voucher. We do try to courtesy check once you have your meal to make sure everything is ok and that way we can address any issues there and then. Could you please contact me on lisa.clark@lisini.co.uk with the date and time of your visit to allow the manager to look into this further.
Lisa Clark

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Staff brilliant, very friendly, food ok not so sure about the 25 quid steak, great pint
will certainly pop back in maybe give the food a miss next time.

Date of visit: September 2018
Lisa C, Senior Sales & Events Coordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. I am pleased to hear that the Dalziel Park team provided great service on your visit. I will pass on your comments regarding your meal to our manager and head chef. We do take all feedback on board, both good and bad so this is something we will look into.
We will hopefully see you in again soon.
Lisa Clark