“Pricey I thought”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Staff brilliant, very friendly, food ok not so sure about the 25 quid steak, great pint
will certainly pop back in maybe give the food a miss next time.

Date of visit: September 2018
Lisa C, Senior Sales & Events Coordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. I am pleased to hear that the Dalziel Park team provided great service on your visit. I will pass on your comments regarding your meal to our manager and head chef. We do take all feedback on board, both good and bad so this is something we will look into.
We will hopefully see you in again soon.
Lisa Clark

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here at xmas for quality of food found prices were really reasonable. I only gave 4 stars as it is difficult to get to without a car so someone has to stay sober or spend a fortune on taxis. Excellent servers couldnt do enough for us even taking group pictures for us. Very grateful. Felt very relaxed and werent rushed out after meal like other places we've been too at xmas. Would definitely recommend a visit here

Date of visit: December 2017
Lisa C, Senior Sales & Events Coordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback. Christmas can be such a busy day but it makes it more enjoyable when our customers are having a good time. I will pass your comments over to our general manager and head chef.
Lisa Clark

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Popped into the bar quickly and unfortunately decided to have a meal. Should have known by the lack of other customers there has been no improvement here.

Ordered fish and chips to be served a soggy bit of fish, two solid pickled onions and 5 chips! Yes 5. Asked the waiter if this was normal as i did not feel it was worth the £12.50 price. Was informed sarcastically with a smirk don't worry he'd heard they would be the best 5 chips around before swaggering off.

Don't know where he is getting his chips from but I'll be saving my money from now on. As you can see one of the amazing 5 chips was black!

As a local it is such a shame this place is so poor for food or i would be in regularly. The prices are also ridiculous for a lisini restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
3  Thank Kelz484
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I love Dalziel Park, I have many fond memories of family dinner dances and I was also married there so this is a review from someone who is a long time fan of the venue. The food was delicious, everything ordered was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful, especially the desert. I do agree with others regarding the portion sizes being small however ive had worse in other restaurants. What let the meal down was the service, the waiting staff were polite but the service waiting time was awful. Its the first time in my life ive not left a tip (which is still annoying me by the way!) If they appeared rushed off their feet then I would be a bit more understanding but that didnt seem the case. Im hoping this was just a one off bad day as i really enjoyed the meal.

Date of visit: August 2018
Lisa C, Sales & Events Co-ordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am sorry to hear the service you received at your recent visit was not up to our usual standard. We are delighted you enjoyed your meal however I will pass your feedback onto both our General Manager and Head Chef to look into the issues you raised regarding your waiting time and service. We do appreciate all feedback good and not so good as our customers experience is extremely important to us. If there is anything you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact us at dalziel@lisini.co.uk. We really hope you do come back and give us another try soon so you can see this was a one off.
Amy

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We overall had fun. The nights were quiet on our pitch and we did not get any noise when it was quiet time. We were initially put on pitch 84 which was horrible right next to big metal waste bins and where the road runs through. We tried to put our caravan over the mound but soon realised we would not be able to use our awning as it was a different level. We asked the man in the shed room who kindly didn’t mind us moving pitches so that was no trouble.
Lots of pitches are un level and we found one that wasn’t , I felt sorry for the people who were in tents on a slope must be horrible.

Some pitches were right by the Waste water holes or right in front of the water taps , seems pitches are everywhere they maybe shouldn’t be many pitches I would of refused to be on. We paid for half grass half hardstanding but we were told on arrival we were on the grass field - not sure why that was maybe we could be told ?

The pool we didn’t use as it has no showers which is really impractical,we attempted to try it out 5x in 7 days and not one time was it not showing “at capacity” on a sign. No indication of when the next session begins it was a case of waiting by the door for one in one out. We went to the pool off site by Morrison’s which was fun.

The entertainment team were fun , good activities kids liked it. Less family games and more just disco dancing would of been good.

The area was fun lots to do. The weather wasn’t great and so things to do in the day was fab. The only thing that would stop us returning was the shower block /toilets.

We tour all over and they are by far the worst showers and toilets I’ve ever seen. From first thing to late and night I refuse to believe they were cleaned. The thick black dirt in the shower cubicals were horrendous. The toilets were worse then our local bus station ones. I needed up feeling dirtier leaving the showers then going in. There was always a queue of depressed looking people knowing they just had to do this.

The layout was horrible hairdryers by the cold door on display to all walking by. The same for teeth brushing.

We did notice another toilet and showeblock a white one no3 looked newer.
The door was locked it wasn’t open. It was peak time. There were not enough dirty showers for everyone yet they didn’t open these -why ?

If they demolish the shower block and re do it it would make the WORLD of difference and we would return and spread the word of it being a great place sadly I couldn’t recommend for that reason as it’s a major thing when on campsites

Date of visit: August 2018
Lisa C, Sales & Events Co-ordinator at The Wide Mouth Frog @ Dalziel Park Motherwell, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Good afternoon,
You must have confused us with somewhere else as we are a Hotel and Golf Club and do not having any camping facilities.
Amy