“enjoyable meal & drink”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub Food
Reviewed 1 December 2017

first visit to this wetherspoons service at bar was quick the barman even warmed my coffee cup for me before i took it to the self service coffee dispenser, we had the fish friday deal the meal arrived quick and pleasantly served by the staff member, the fish was done in a nice crispy batter and was nice and hot. the bar was clean and tidy and staff very pleasant, the meal was great value for price paid hope to visit again soon

1  Thank harrywrag1971
TheBrandonWorks, Manager at The Brandon Works [wetherspoons], responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review. I'm very happy to read you enjoyed your fish and chips. The staff try hard to ensure standards are kept high at all times. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Just had a beautiful buttermilk chicken burger with salad and chips, now waiting for my desert.
This is the closest to our home Wetherspoons and we always have a great meal here, the staff are very helpful and the prices are the best in town.

I had a laugh at the title! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice review. I hope you enjoyed your dessert.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Came for a working lunch, serve quickly by really friendly staff. Extensive menu and reasonable prices. Had a lunchtime offer of hot sandwich (panini, wrap etc) and salad or chips for just over £5 with a drink.
Quite dark decor and tables and a bit dated. Had a feel of an “old mans pub” and smelt strongly of ale and beer. Really packed in tables too and felt quite crammed in. Toilets not particularly clean and again a bit dated.
Good for a quick lunch though on a budget.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here with friends who live locally
The food and drink is very good
My steak was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth
Very good value for money

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I was very glad to read your steak was perfect and you found we were good value for money.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Visited on Tuesday 26th September. Was early afternoon so quite quiet.
Steak club deals is always a favourite. 2 steaks.(with sauce), side and a couple of drinks for a fraction of just under £20.... Where else do you get that?
All staff work hard to uphold standards but a big thanks to Ross B and Emma for making my day!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! Also to specially mention 2 of our staff is fantastic, I will be sure to pass it on.

Thanks again,