All reviews train station guest house stayed here home from home arriving by train town centre cereal and toast english breakfast full scottish breakfast quiet street comfortable beds sitting room thank you very much walking distance beans ideal location pleasant stay
Reviewed 6 August 2017

We were attending a wedding in the town and needed a place to stay. We were very lucky to have chosen Tigh-An-Struan. We felt immediately at home owing to the very warm welcome from the lovely lady owner. She showed us to our room which was spotlessly clean with excellent quality towels and crisp white linen. The beds were super comfy, we slept very well. Breakfast in the morning was just cereal and toast for us, but the lovely cooking smells hinted that the full Scottish would have been lovely...maybe next time because we would definitely return. The dining room was again very clean with lovely white linen tablecloths and perfectly set tables. There was a good choice of cereals,fresh fruits and jams for us to choose from on the buffet table. My husband said the tea was great and I enjoyed the coffee. Again, we received lovely service from the owner.
Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome and comfortable. We will recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front would offer a lovely view to the burn. Rooms at the rear overlook the garden.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
PicaLupu, Owner at Tigh-An-Struan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for choosing Tigh An Struan.
Glad you enjoyed my place and hope to have you again for more than one night.
All the best,

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I had a pleasant stay at the guest house - everyone was friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was great - certainly something that prepared me for my trip through the Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park.

I recommend staying there.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 16 May 2017

It was a real pleasure to have you at our place.
Hope you had a great time visiting Scotland and you will be willing to comeback.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Lovely place with a perfect location close to the station and to the city centre .
Comfortable and cozy excellent breakfast friendly hosts .
Excellent BandB and good alternative to expensive hotels .
Free Wi Fi , fire place , clean accommodation , comfortable beds and delicious breakfast choices

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
PicaLupu, Owner at Tigh-An-Struan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you very much for the lovely words!
Hope you are coming back!

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We have visited Largs with my parents my partner and our litle baby girl this beeing a second visit at Pica . Pica and Marin the owners are lovely and welcoming.
We have spent an amaizing family weekend.
Our baby girl was very happy and slept like home . House had very good sized rooms with ensuite , very plesant TV room games and toys for kids . Breakfast very good sized and very good cooked. Situated very convinient to railway station close to town centre and at the same time walking distance to the sea.
Largs a very good little town to visit with very good restaurants , amaizing Ice cream at Nardinis .
A walk along the sea and a visit to local Castle is also lovely .
First time we have stayed here with my friends while riding our bikes in scotland. Good area to park securely your bike over night in a very quite road .
I can only recomend a very good place to stay Tigh-an-Struan.
Thank you for everything Pica and Marin.
We are coming back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your visit!
Hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughters and myself had a fantastic experience here we enjoyed every minute, we can't fault anything on our stay we were made to feel ever so welcome and comfortable Pika is a lovely lady with a happy & bubbly personality could not do enough & great with our children very friendly and ever so kind, very reasonable priced and a beautiful well kept B&B near the sea front with a very yummy breakfast that sets you up for the day. Would highly recommend- home from home, come as a guest and made to feel like family, my 3 year old keeps asking for her she's unforgettable! - we will definitely be going back in future.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsJHazlett
PicaLupu, Owner at Tigh-An-Struan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dearest Jacklyn and Garry, thank you very much for the lovely words. This is really overwhelming and at the same time reassuring the efforts we put in for our guests here at Tigh An Struan. You are a fantastic family yourselves ; we already miss Victoria and Bethany , please send them our love , we can't wait to see you again soon.
With kindes regards