All reviews jacuzzi bath nautical theme new england deluxe room lovely hotel rain shower bottle of prosecco an overnight stay isle of arran outdoor seating next morning main road fish and chips sea view onion rings lovely big room well worth a visit
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We booked here for 2 nights in a deluxe double room with sea view which was beautiful inside and was very comfortable and cosy . Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was modern and bright . The breakfast was also very good and had lots of choice . Would definitely come back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I came here for my boyfriends wedding over the weekend. What a stunning wedding venue with really friendly staff. An incredible day. We had come the night before to meet family for dinner and food was delicious. The wedding day itself was amazing with stunning scenery, and we loved it so much that we stayed the night after the wedding. (we had been staying elsewhere for a couple of nights). The room had a gorgeous view and the bed was huge! It also had a spa jacuzzi bath! Nothing bad to say about this hotel or the staff. I can't wait to come back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank charlottei780
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We are just back from our friends wedding which took place in the Waterside Hotel. I cannot praise this hotel enough!! From the reception staff to the cleaners to the wedding staff they were all first class. We were allowed to check in early on arrival as the wedding was 2pm. They were very accommodating. The wedding was outside as the weather was fantastic and it was a great place to get married. The reception was amazing with the food top notch. We had an amazing day from start to finish. The breakfast this morning was also a high point!! I would also say the rooms here are absolutely stunning and the finishes inside them are of a very high standard. If you are lucky enough to get one over looking the beach/sea they are well worth experiencing!! We were lucky enough to also get a look in the suite used for the bride and groom. It was absolutely stunning. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. It is definitely worth going too and we will certainly be back!!

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been to the Waterside before but it has been awhile. We went for the 2 courses for £15 dinner and unfortunately found the food rather bland. The lentil soup didn't have much taste and my husband ended up putting alot of salt to try and add abit of seasoning to it. The tandoori chicken wasn't particularly spicy or well flavoured, I couldn't put my finger on it but it was just lacking in taste. However the goats cheese was lovely and the staff very pleasant the restaurant was quiet so service was very quick. I'm not sure I would rush back for dinner, we will probably just pop in for coffee and cake the next time as it's a lovely venue and has great views.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank abatte11
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Booked an overnight here for a family wedding. We were given a room overlooking the gardens and the water and it was stunning. Room huge and very large bathroom too. Breakfast in the morning was fine - had better but also had a lot worse. Food at the wedding was lovely. Very expensive but stunning location. Will definitely return.

Room tip: ask for room with sea view - stunning
Date of stay: May 2018