Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Trip.com
US$214
SAVE US$55
Free cancellation until 25/06/21
PricelineUS$269
Agoda.comUS$269
ZenHotels.com
All reviews dining room first class malt whisky steak excellent experience both nights many thanks penny menu scotland massimo dog meal candles fires moray distilleries
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2020

Another stay at the Knockomie Hotel and once again a wonderful stay. We booked the cosy winter break, a great deal with dinner on both nights we stayed, mulled wine, lovely breakfasts. The dining room, candle-lit and with an open fire, never fails to make me happy - and the meals we had were beautiful. Many thanks to Massimo and his team for another warm welcome and amazing hospitality during our wee break. A very special place!

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank BarbaraS841
Reviewed 24 December 2019

Been quite some time since the last visit and was not disappointed

We (5 of us plus dog) went for a Birthday meal and were left happy by the end of the meal
The meals varying from Cod, Steak, Burger etc. were tasty with enthusiastic staff making the experience that much better
The hotel also allows dogs in the restaurant which was ideal for us

Only downer is that the drive up to the hotel is quite dark and could do with more illumination, especially as you exit onto the road

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 24 December 2019

5 of us visited for a family dinner from the Xmas menu. I had to placate my partner before any food arrived when she found out the only vegetarian main had run out (the day before) and was replaced by Mac and Cheese on the £29.99 fixed price menu. Unappetising choices meant I ordered the Burger which arrived in a slimy cold bun with a portion of boiled potatoes to accompany. The starter and pudding were average, thank goodness.
The waitress was lovely, friendly and enthusiastic but obviously an inexperienced diner with little training as a waitress. It was because of her and my desire for a pleasant family dinner without drama that I didn’t complain at the time. One of my grown up children who ordered turkey slices and a processed disc of christmas pudding said it was nice which frankly amazes me. With one bottle of £28 wine we had little change from £200. Its a dark dingy amateurish place with hints of bad taste in every sense. Never again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

Our disappointment started on or arrival, no lights in the car park which meant I stepped out the car into mud!!
Requested £180 be held on my account albeit I had booked via booking.com which was at £130, they explained this was for any incidentals during our stay !!
Very over priced , rooms are dated and in need of an over haul
Breakfast was very average with an additional charge for a latte!!!!!?

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

Expected a good experience and was dissatisfied with the service. The individual personalities of the staff were all lovely, but their actual service skills and professionalism was sadly lacking simple aspects that led to a lack lustre meal.
The menu was limited, especially considering vegetarian or vegan diets.
A lovely little hotel, quaint and comfortable, but missing the mark a little on service.

Date of stay: October 2019