All reviewsunderfloor heatingthe perfect place to staycomfortable roomeasy access to edinburghvisiting edinburghvillage lifemarjorielairdfacilitiesborder
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Marjorie welcomed my mom and I into her home with a nice cuppa tea, and the warmth and friendliness went on from there. The house is so charming and nice, and the yard is beautiful. We were able to walk to the bus stop to go into the city of Edinburgh after a yummy and hearty breakfast, and return in the evenings to the peace and quiet of the country with Marjorie and her dogs.
The only thing I would improve is the spotty wifi in the guest room. Otherwise this is a PERFECT place to stay when you're in the area.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 5 June 2016

We had a three night stay at this location in May 2016.
It is slightly off the beaten track.
Extremely comfortable.
We were well looked after by Marjorie.
Breakfast choice was perfection.
Bed and bathroom, immaculate.
Well recommended.
Thanks Marjorie.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ranger118
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Dunesk lodge is the ideal place to stay if you are visiting Edinburgh. Marjorie is a welcoming and helpful host. The accommodation is beautiful as well as cosy in a lovely quiet setting. Access from the city bypass is easy and buses to the city are just a few minutes walk away. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2016

As we were going to a wedding in Lasswade and then starting week's holiday in Perthshire afterwards, we needed a place to stay for the Saturday night. Little did we think this would be part of the lovely holiday itself. A beautiful house, in serene, pretty countryside, off the beaten track. Marjorie was a fantastic host and not only made us feel so welcome and gave us a delicious breakfast, but even drove us to the wedding! We loved the conversation and especially bits about horses! The room was lovely with a great bathroom en suite. We would definitely love to return next time. Thanks so much Marjorie.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Dunesk Lodge is a wonderful B&B located just perfect for accessing the Vet School Easter Bush campus as I required, but it is also a very convenient location to visit Edinburgh city. I stayed hosted by lovely Marjorie and her dog Easy, in 2 occasions and will sure keep on doing so when needing to go down south. A quite location with amenities close enough (a car probably mandatory though), a large beautiful garden with horses grazing just out your window, a very traditionally decorated interior packed with family photos make the guests feels you are invited to meat the family and be part of it for a few days :-). Marjorie offers more than you can eat for breakfast! and when I had a long day ahead, she packed a delicious home made fruit salad to take away. The room I stayed has a couple of super comfortable beds and the bathroom has been recently fully refurbished with underfloor heating...lovely! Thank you Marjorie for great hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business