“Great food”
Review of Fraoch Restaurant

Fraoch Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Freuchie
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Description: Fraoch Restaurant, set within The Lomond Hills Hotel, welcomes you to enjoy traditional Scottish Fayre in newly refurbished candlelit surroundings. Offering luscious dishes using locally sourced produce. The chefs take great pride in combining ingredients which compliment each other to create delicious dining experiences. There is something for everyone on the menu, including children, and dietary requirements can easily be catered for. Larger parties of more than 12 guests are welcomed and can dine privately in our Middle Restaurant and Breakfasting Room. We look forward to welcoming you soon...
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel on saturday for a family lunch. The 2 and 3 course menu is great value however i did think the drinks were a bit pricey. The food was really good, portion size was more than adequate and they have super tasty chips. The service was great and the staff are so friendly. I would say its more of a traditional hotel/restaurant. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here today and were impresed with the food and service. When you arrive you are seated in the cosy lounge area where you can have a drink and place your order. Then you are taken through and seated in the restaurant.

We both had the carrot and coriander soup to start, which was delicious. My husband had the ginger and lime chicken which he really enjoyed and he said the vegetables served with it were very good. I had the vegetarian main course which was macaroni cheese which I didn't initially think was a very exciting choice. But actually it was very tasty - plenty of pasta and cheese and not that horrible runny sauce that some places serve with macaroni cheese. It was a big portion and was served with salad and chips. I really enjoyed it.

The restaurant was well furnished with good linen table cloths. My only criticism was that despite lots of side lights and ceiling lights it felt rather gloomy - I think perhaps because the restaurant is in a very old building with small windows which don't let too much daylight in.

Service was very good and prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I had guinea fowl for the first time and it was tender and very tasty.My husband had a lovely steak pie .The lemen cheesecake was good .

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We were staying in the hotel and had dinner here - excellent venison and wine! The meal was included with our room booking but I would not have balked at the menu price.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This restaurant is in the Lomond Hill Hotel. There is a car park behind the hotel and an entrance into the restaurant from the car park. This way in is pretty with nice flowers. There is a lounge to sit, have a pre-meal drink and choose from the menu. Choosing a three course lunch from the a la carte menu for £13.95 seemed outstanding value, particularly looking at the very attractive menu. We both chose soup of the day for a starter. This was excellent, unusual with lime and rosemary flavouring, but quite delicious. For a main course I had steak and ale pie and when offered chips or boiled potatoes, I chose the unhealthy option of chips. This was an excellent dish, a real pie in a dish with the pie crust cooked on the pie. The beef was lovely and tender and the flavour was lovely. I really enjoyed the chips and there was a nice selection of vegetables. My partner had ginger and lime chicken - another excellent dish. Both our sweets were also top quality and coffee was really good, in a good sized cup, coming with a little mint chocolate. The staff were efficient and friendly. This restaurant was a great find and we'll certainly be back.

Been to Fraoch Restaurant? Share your experiences!