“Slow, but not bad at all”
Review of Old Aberlady Inn

Old Aberlady Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Aberlady
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish, British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great fish and chips, steak pie, homemade beef burgers, seafood chowder and prime Scottish Steaks feature regularly on the menu. Depending on the season we add specialities such as mussels, lobster, langoustines a variety of fresh fish and game.
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Conveniently located in the centre of Aberlady village, this restaurant is a good watering hole for those who have just been up to Gullane Point.
It was a Sunday and there was live music in the bar, which was rather loud, but it ended at some point, as did the rugby on the telly. It was good to know that food was served until 9, although we were kept waiting for a while until the menus were brought (I was on the brink of ordering something off the small menu, which I had mistaken for the proper one.) We were informed that there was room in the restaurant at the back, but decided to remain seated in the bar. In the end, I had a wild boar terrine for starters and a salmon linguini for mains, whereas my partner opted for whitebait, followed by pork belly with caramelised apple. We were both very satisfied.
There were some IPAs on tap, which is never a bad thing. A small selection of whiskies is also available. We managed to get the bus back in the nick of time. No complaints.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Just had a disgusting meal i had Stornaway black pudding stack the black pudding was warm but not hot poached egg was the same in fact the whole starter was disgusting my wife and daughter had soup lentil and bacon with a piece of bread that was reheated soup was tasteless then the main course arrived i had fish and chips as did my wife beer batter was soggy and covered in dried dill the tartar sauce for not even homemade runny and tasteless my daughter had chicken breast with green beans which were frozen not even fresh we all had coffee cappuccino it looked good but was very very bitter and that was with sugar in it as well all in all i wont be back in there in a hurry

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We had a table booked for a family members birthday. It was a week night so we knew it wouldn’t be busy. After ordering drinks we were told there was no chicken on the menu at all! I’ve never been anywhere before were this was an issue, I know there is a shop locally so I’m not sure why someone couldn’t pop out and get someone. This really limited what we could order. When our food arrived there was a dish missing and then when it came to dessert we were told not everyone could order what they wanted as they only had so many left.

We felt really disappointed especially as we were trying to celebrate a special occasion. I won’t take a risk by returning.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We had an evening meal here because our other local accommodation had no kitchen or bar service. David the new owner /manager could not have been more welcoming and our meal was very good and seemed reasonably priced. We wish him well with his plans for the place. It has real potential, it's dog friendly, customer friendly and the food could be excellent with a few menu tweaks that are planned. Hope to visit again soon as it has a real village pub feel.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We visited this restaurant with my family on our visit to Scotland. W pre-booked our meal. The food and service come highly recommended. We will visit this restaurant again when we are in the area.