“Friendly warm atmosphere”

Ducks Inn - The Bar
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Aberlady
Price range: US$17 - US$46
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In addition to 23 comfy bedrooms The Bar at Ducks Inn is a superb, relaxed eating place. All the food is sourced locally and produced on the premises by Chef Mozdzen and his team. The menu changes with the seasons. Just 40 minutes down the coast from Edinburgh and its airport, Ducks Inn nestles in the sleepy village of Aberlady . Ducks Inn has one of Scotland's top whisky bars housing around one hundred malt whiskies including a collection from the Scotch Malt Whisky Society of which Ducks Inn is a Home from Home partner bar. The wine list is one of the finest in Scotland and complements the outstanding menu in Ducks Restaurant. The Bar is very traditional, filled with golfing memorabilia and bar putting games. Real Ales are also a feature and Doombar is a regular with two guest beers rotating regularly. The Bar at Ducks Inn also features a large humidor filled with Cubans. You will always find a fond welcome when you Duck Inn to The Bar at Ducks Inn!
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Was attending a wedding in the village and popped in for drink we had the Ducks lager which was delicious, nice warm friendly atmosphere, felt welcome will definitely return.

Eider, Owner at Ducks Inn - The Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you very for coming and taking the time to write a review. I am very glad you enjoyed your visit, I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We were incredibly disappointed with our lunch. There are signs for awards on the way in so we expected so much more. There were only 4 items on the lunch menu, 1 of which was not available but I hadn’t been told that until I ordered. I ended up getting a ham and cheese sandwich. The bread was stale and dry as was the bread served with the soup. The total bill was £50 for 2 soups, 3 sandwiches and 5 soft drinks - absolutely astounding! We got a second hand apology from the chef about the bread and an offer of a complimentary coffee but we just wanted to get out of there.

Eider, Owner at Ducks Inn - The Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

I am very sorry you didn't have a great experience with us. I am sorry I wasn't there and didn't see you. I'm afraid I cant understand how you thought there were only 4 items on the menu though; soup, scallops, smoked salmon sandwich, cheese and ham sandwich, grilled sea bream, salmon nicoise, fish and chips, pork cutlet, corn fed breast of chicken, sirloin steak, cote de boeuf, cheese, sticky toffee pudding, chocolate marquise, rice pudding, ice cream and sorbets plus 6 sides?
Everything is fresh and made to order, all we freeze is ice cream and sorbet. All the bread is made daily, its the same as served with the soup and in the main restaurant so I don't understand why t was stale, I'm sorry. We only have one menu in the bar and one in the restaurant which is a five course tasting menu at £49.
So I'm a little baffled, I hope you will come back and let us look after you, please do ask for me.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Full of joyous visitors enjoying beer, wine, whisky & food.
Dogs are welcome & get offered a bowl of water too.
The food is excellent, cooked from fresh well chosen ingredients.

Eider, Owner at Ducks Inn - The Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thanks very much for taking the time to write, I'm very glad you enjoyed your visit, dos always welcome.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We turned up and were so welcomed. Got involved in a brilliant music jam, enjoyed ourselves enormously. Thanks guys.

Eider, Manager at Ducks Inn - The Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Stayed with my wife and 2 sons, aged 12 and 16 for 3 nights. We aimed to visit Edinburgh and the surrounding area. The food at the Ducks was of a decent standard, we had dinner once and 3 breakfasts, service was friendly and efficient. The bar area is cosy, the whole atmosphere is homely, from the comfortable rooms to the dining area and bar. Staff are very approachable and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend both the food and the place as a hotel.

Eider, Owner at Ducks Inn - The Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Very glad you enjoyed your stay, thanks very much for coming we very much enjoyed having you. We are very convenient for Edinburgh.