“Afton water review”

Afton Water B&B / Art Experience
Afton Water B&B / Art Experience
Ranked #2 of 3 New Cumnock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed at afton water veiw for 4 nights un like a run of the mill hotel you are not confined to your room it's like staying with family it's probably 1 of the best places I have stayed we left to early for breakfast so we were supplied with packed lunch everything about it was good I couldn't fault it if I tried from the views to the owners to the dog Annie a must stay for anyone business or pleasure

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Reece H
JulieandAlistair, Owner at Afton Water B&B / Art Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2016

Thanks for your glowing review Reece, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Afton Water B&B. It was a pleasure looking after you. As they say in Scotland Haste Ye Back! Kindest regards Julie and Alistair.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

I stayed here on business for five nights this week. The room was clean, comfortable & spacious and the gardens offered us the opportunity to sit and eat our tea with the chickens and the dog. One evening we saw two deer going passed the end of the garden which was nice to see
The owners, Julie and Alistair made us feel really welcome and couldn't do enough for us. I had a really enjoyable stay and would recommend Afton Water for anyone visiting the area on either business and pleasure

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 58robin1

Thank you for your kind review. The garden in May is a real treat, we love to sit out eating our lunch or just relaxing having a nice cold beverage. It was smashing sharing time with you too, we were so pleased that you could take advantage of the lovely weather. We couldn't believe it was snowing last week, mind you we could have offered you a nice cosy recreational area with the glow of a multi-fuel burner in stead! Hope to see you again in the near future, regards Julie and Alistair.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Stayed for a couple of nights while working in the local area. Julie & Alistair are wonderful, friendly hosts and went out of their way to make me feel welcome in their home. Highly recommend a stay here. Hope to be back someday.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Hi Carolyn, many thanks for your lovely review. Thanks also for recommending us to your work colleague. Best wishes for a bright future, Julie and Alistair.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights due to visiting for a funeral , Julie and Alistair were extremely welcoming . To seeing us in at 2am after a long drive to making the place a home from home amazing garden and my son and nephew ( both 13) even commented on how nice it was and how Comfy the beds are !
Will defo be returning when we come back to visit family . This place is a real hidden gem - opening your bedroom curtains to the most amazing view is also a bonus !!

Stayed: April 2016

Please do return. It would be lovely to see you and your family again. Maybe next time the boys can walk our dog down by the burn! Thanks very much for your kind review, love and best wishes Julie and Alistair.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Six of us stayed here to attend a wedding closeby, my gf and I and my parents and my sister and her bf. I didn't really know the area and weren't sure what to expect but we were all very pleasantly surprised, with everything really.

The people who run the B&B are very welcoming and accomodating, upon arrival they greeted us and helped us in with our bags and immediately helped us to arrange our day including getting taxis booked to get us to and from the wedding. In the morning again they were very accomodating and gave us an excellent cooked breakfast with toast, teas and coffees.

The rooms were lovely and the beds very comfortable, in the rooms they had free wifi access, tea and coffee making facilities, tv and dvd (which we never had time to use). Our room also had access to a large bathroom with a power shower.

All the rooms are decorated with beautiful paintings, creations of the owner of the B&B. I am not usually an arty person, but I really did love the paintings.

The surroundings are beautiful, just off the Afton Water at the back of New Cummnock. A very quiet spot just beside the caravan site. If you enjoy walking, sight seeing and scenery this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
JulieandAlistair, Owner at Afton Water B&B / Art Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Our daughter was married in the same local hotel and we know how many things have to be considered, so we just try our best to be as helpful as possible to make the experience easy for our guests.
We also fell in love with the area, it is very uplifting and inspirational, I am so please you liked it. My paintings often reflect the local area, glad they added to your experience. Many thanks for the time you have taken to write this lovely and thorough review.

Been to Afton Water B&B / Art Experience? Share your experiences!