“HOME TO HOME WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE WE WERE THERE”

Afton Water B&B / Art Experience
Afton Water B&B / Art Experience
Ranked #2 of 3 New Cumnock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My young son, my lovely old dog and I recently visited New Cumnock to collect our new puppy and were lucky enough to book into Afton Water. Ali and Julie were very welcoming and within a few hours we felt like part of their family. We have had a pretty rough time of things lately and this getaway was just what we needed. It was my birthday while we were there and Julie and my little boy baked me a lovely lemon cake, Julie is the celebrated artist J H Winter and when I needed to relax she even gave my son painting lessons and Al took him and my dog for a walk along the river with their lovely dog Annie. Baby ducklings, 'cockadoodle doo's' gorgeous scenery, wonderful home made food and fantastic hosts . We honestly felt like moving in and are looking forward to seeing them all again very soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Glynis W
JulieandAlistair, Owner at Afton Water B&B / Art Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Awww Glynis, we look forward to you coming back to our B&B too. We thoroughly enjoyed looking after you and it was so good to see a young lad embrace our garden, animals and dog as well as the painting activity, he was no trouble at all, in fact it was great as I was able to paint along side the next Picasso. I find that all children love being creative, and I welcome an opportunity to use my teaching skills.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This B&B deserves to be visited again and again, with the warm friendly welcome on arrival and to the warmth shown to all visitors its a must stay, I have visited New Cumnock for many years, for personal and family ties, now I have found a room with a view, actually several views.. Not to mention the secret gallery. Julie,
is a very talented artist, and displays beautiful, oils, water colours of local views of
the amazing landscape in and around ayrshire. Again this should not be missed. I personally would recommend this for everyone. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: double en suite. beautiful, spacious, and quite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 595helen
JulieandAlistair, Owner at Afton Water B&B / Art Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Awww, thanks Helen your comments are are so lovely. It was great having you stay with us for four nights, we really enjoyed the conversation and meeting your Mum, Dad and Auntie. We are looking forward to your return visit with your grandchildren. So nice to have met you.

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed such a wonderful weekend with Julie and Alistair and dog Anne such fun I had playing with Anne and enjoyed spending quality time socializing with Julie and Alistair such friendly outgoing couple and are for sure my extended family live staying here and can't wait to come back soon

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank heather m m
JulieandAlistair, Manager at Afton Water B&B / Art Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. We certainly enjoyed your company. It is just like looking after family. Here is a link to some of the artwork you loved http://juliewinter.wordpress.com Hope to in September for another lovely weekend. Julie and Ali x

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Grazie Julie e Alistair per la bella vacanza! Great place for a family and total relax, beautiful surrounding, the farm animals and the amazing art!!! We will be back soon for more holiday experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Hi there. I sure your beautiful family would love it at the moment with all the little ducklings that we are rearing. It would be great to see you soon. Best wishes for a great family summer, Julie and Ali.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

david and lisa would like to thank julie ,alister and annie the puppy for there hospitality as we stayed here for our honeymoon its in a great location just to get away julie picked us at the train station and were soon made to feel part of the family when we arrive at the bed and breakfast i recommend any one want a visit to scotland visit here as the scenery here is breath taking and we are looking forward to visiting next year now

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
JulieandAlistair, Owner at Afton Water B&B / Art Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

We will look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that your honeymoon was such a special occasion.Best wishes for a very happy life together.

Been to Afton Water B&B / Art Experience? Share your experiences!