“Excellent customer service”
Review of Toast

Toast
Ranked #27 of 162 Restaurants in Ballymena
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Toast provides an exceptional service and caters for all, especially people with different dietary requirements. The food, staff and facilities are excellent and accommodate small groups and equally can cater for larger parties. I have my lunch here on a regular basis and have yet to be disappointed, with the staff always more than happy to accommodate my dietary preferences

3  Thank karenn252018

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Before I start, I do believe this place has a lot of potential with it's central location, however it fails to go much further than that. Below are a few points of improvement I have noticed having been there several times and from the feedback of others.

1. Atmosphere - Toast has a canteen style layout with a lack of homely atmosphere. The front half of the building which does have padded seats and a fire feels more like you are walking into a fold / care home.

2. Food - I have ordered various items from their menu and the standard of food leaves little to be desired. For the price of their lunches (£5 - £8) I feel like I should be getting a higher standard than something I could have made at home. I also ordered an americano which tasted more like a filter coffee.

3. I have found the staff very friendly and of great help, but the management style seems to be very authoritarian. This has also been noted by others and has therefore led to me writing this review.

I hope these points can be addressed by the cafe and I believe this place could be a great addition the village.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Popped in here due to a recommendation and I have to say I wasn't impressed. The food was poor and disgusting, the staff don't accommodate for people's dietary requirements. Cleanliness is horrendous here and the food is just thrown at you and not even presented in a nice manner. Will not be back.

3  Thank Ultimatedaytrips
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Saturday lunchtime, Toast came up in a Google search on a list of top 10 vegan friendly restaurants in Ballymena. We parked at the back - plenty of space today but I imagine it's pretty full at peak times. Two of our group are vegan, and while vegetarian options were clear, the vegan options were not. The server checked with the chef and offered to accommodate off-menu requests. They were extremely accommodating in preparing the food, and checked with us during preparation as to which ingredients would be acceptable. Very pleasant and friendly service. And my non-vegan spicy mince nachos were very good. Free top-ups on the tea and coffee too.

3  Thank davidharcourt
Reviewed 30 September 2017

My sister booked and organised surprise evening meal here for my birthday. There were about 30 or more booked and the 3course meal was excellent and piping hot . Staff were attentive and courteous beautiful decor, relaxing evening and I highly recommend for a private function. Brie soup or melon for staters, roast beef , salmon or chicken for main course, cheesecake, panacotta or roulade for dessert. Excellent menu.

2  Thank EL0wry