“Great Italian experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Good food and excellent wine. Monday night excellent value buy one main meal get one free. Vibrant restaurant.

CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Fratelli, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear 161johnny,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Fratelli.

I am delighted that you found the food and wine to be excellent. Our Monday BOGOF offer is extremely popular and I am pleased that you had the opportunity to avail of this offer in our very busy and vibrant restaurant.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Fratelli in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Karen McKee

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We ate here as part of our package deal at the Galgorm Resort and Spa.

Staff were so attentive and friendly. They took the time to explain the menu options and make recommendations.

The portion sizes were great, and the food was fantastic! We usually ate at Gillies in previous visits to the hotel, but Fratelli is our firm favourite now!

We already can't wait to return!

Dear Emma R,

I am delighted that you found the team to be attentive and friendly and that they were able to deliver the high quality of service we aim to provide to all of our guests.

I am also pleased that you found the portion sizes to be great, and the food to be fantastic!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Fratelli in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Karen McKee

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

First time at Fratelli. Easy access from the hotel. Five steps or a ramp. The restaurant was very busy but that did not stop the staff giving a warm friendly welcome. Service was has good as the food. We all went for pizza One was gluten free. At this restaurant offers are plenty. We went on a Monday and got two for one offer. Will definitely be back next time I’m in the area.

CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Fratelli, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear decker2017, thank you for your review and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent visit to our restaurant.

I am very pleased that you especially enjoyed the meal, and found the food good. I have passed your nice comments to the Head Chef and his team and they are each delighted.

It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to my team. It shows them that their passion and efforts to provide good service are appreciated by those who receive it.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and for taking the time to review us.

Kind regards,

Georgie Briota,
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We visited Fratelli in Ballymena on Monday night. The Monday special night is when you buy one main course and get the second free. Sounds good. We ordered 4 starters for £15 the portion sizes were very small, we shared these, but really only got 1 spoonful each. They tasted ok nothing special. The main dish l ordered was not good. It was braised beef with mushrooms and ribbon pasta. Unfortunately it came in a bisto like gravy but with less taste. Even after adding pepper and parmesan it didn't not improve the flavour of the meal. The fourth meal we ordered was a pizza which came out 10 minutes after everyone else's meal had been served. We tried not to start our meals until it arrived but were afraid they would get cold so reluctantly 3 started and 1 didn't. We ordered wine 1 bottle was £22. One glass £7.50.The desserts were £3 each but very very small about the size of a small yogurt pot. The bill was over £100 and that was with the free meals deducted from from the bill. The staff were friendly and apologetic when I told them we hadn't received our 4th meal. Although the venue is very picturesque the room was quite chilly possibly due the extension they have added to the back. Overall the meal was disappointing but the company was good. Wouldn't Recommend Fratelli to visitors wanting tasty food or value for money. There are many restaurants in Ballymena offering better food and drink at a sensible price. Fratelli if you wish to reply, please do not post a generic reply like your other reviews. Thank you.

CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Fratelli, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Melvin B,

I am sorry to hear that your recent visit to Fratelli did not meet your expectations, we do not wish for any of our guests to leave feeling disappointed. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you personally and would be grateful if you could contact me directly at gbriota@galgorm.com to provide your contact details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Georgie Briota

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We took my fiancees mum here while she was visiting from England and she really loved the food! We had booked online and were seated immediately, they got our drinks quickly (the only bad part was that they didn't have a rioja wine that the future mother in law loves!)

We ordered the sea bass, the lamb and a tomato risotto - all were so tasty and portions were big enough to fill you but not make you stuffed. We then all had a dessert (chocolate mousse, pannacota and pistachio cheesecake and then shared the tiramisu), we all enjoyed out desserts but wow, the pistachio cheesecake was amazing, I'd come back purely to eat the cheesecake again!! My future mother in law actually said the sea bass was nicer than the fresh caught sea bass she had in Spain!

We live in Larne so no doubt we will be back to visit here again, it was a nice spot and the grounds around the restaurant are lovely!

Dear heyimmaegen, thank you for your very kind review of your recent visit.

I am delighted to have read your high praise for our restaurant. We work so very hard here at Fratelli to ensure that all of our guests have a truly memorable experience, which after reading your review, I am pleased to see that you did. This makes us incredibly proud to read.

Here at Fratelli, we aim to provide a varied choice of dishes to suit every individual, and I am very pleased that you absolutely loved the food. It is wonderful to know that your future mother in law especially enjoyed Chef’s Sea Bass, and found it tasty. Our miniature desserts are a nice way to sample Italy’s varied desserts and I’m delighted you enjoyed them. I have shared your lovely comments with the Head Chef and his team, who are absolutely over the moon.

We really do appreciate your wonderful review, and on behalf of the entire team here, would like to thank you for your very kind words.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Fratelli in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,