“Great food but pricey”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Eat breakfast here quite often and food is usually pretty good. The only reason I don’t give a five star rating is that it is a little expensive for what it is. There are other cafes in Ballymena that serve decent breakfasts at a fraction of the cost but aside from that it is worth a visit.

Also, I’ve never tried one but the scones look amazing. Plus you get free refills on coffee.

The price won’t stop me going back as it is a decent breakfast but would like to see a bit more value for money

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Been numerous times for breakfast and lunch, the food is always fantastic and the staff always friendly and helpful. Highly recommend breakfast.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Always have a lovely meal in Montgomerys. Breakfasts especially are to die for. Tasty food, friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We travelled up from Comber for a day trip and were looking for somewhere nice for a decent lunch that would keep us fed until we got home that evening. I checked tripadvisor and this place seemed like the best option. I am so glad I checked because this place was a real winner!

The quiche was the nicest I have had anywhere and the salad which accompanied it was delicious. Excellent variety of items to choose from. My dad also really enjoyed his ribs. At first my mum was disappointed that there was no fish but this was soon forgotten about as the peppered beef she had was so delicious.

Excellent choice on menu, generous portions and the food was flawless. The staff were very friendly and the bill was very reasonable. My only complaint is that we live too far away otherwise we would eat here regularly. We will be back again the next time we visit Ballymena and this has actually encouraged us to return sooner. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Enjoyed a tea and scone, very good selection, with my wife and also the obligatory tray bake. Very friendly staff and there is usually a top up of coffee offered by the staff. Have been going here for a considerable time and it has a number of regulars and groups who also attend on the same day. Will continue to do so.

Date of visit: July 2018