“Favourite Indian Restaurant”

The Khayber
Ranked #15 of 160 Restaurants in Ballymena
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: also address may be listed as Unit 5 Galgorm Court 10 Fenaghy Road, Ballymena, County Antrim BT42 1HW ph no 028 2564 1352this is the second time we have tried to add this restaurant. please let us know if you've added it.
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I try to visit here as much as I can for their delicious Indian delicacies. Their Madras can simply not be beaten! Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

Tried this restaurant on the back of some decent TripAdvisor reviews.
Usually I can swear by them.

Whether we got them on an off day we can't be sure but the experience was less than good.

Upon arrival the 4 of us were handed the menu and from then on it went down hill. From early on were all felt harried and harassed and we were asked 3 times were we ready to place our order.
It was as if they were looking to turn around tables really quickly.

Ok we thought, being the week before Christmas they might be busy but it was so bad and so rushed that one of the diners quipped 'if I'd wanted to get lightening fast food I'd have went to a drive through'.

Minutes after placing our order we were served some poppadum's and dips which were as they should be but again less than half way through polishing these off we were brought our starters so had to gulp down the poppadum's in a rush.

The 4 of us opted for the chicken Puri starter and the pancake was superb but the chicken filling (normally tasty and rich) was bland and resembled tuna both in colour and texture.

Having a colleague new to Indian cuisine with us this wasn't a great introduction for them.

We finished off our starters (not completely) and I immediately left to go to the wash room and joked that my main would probably be there when I returned - IT WAS!

2 went for Korma and I had the Rogan Josh and the other Lamb Sag (she was a sheep farmer and regular Indian diner) and was not impressed
The 2 who had the Korma were very disappointed at the overall lack of flavour and the Lamb Sag was hailed as bland overcooked and lukewarm.
My Rogan Josh was just about acceptable but not on a par with many others I have had elsewhere.

On a plus! The two nans we ordered were superb to be fair!

Barely 8 minutes after receiving our mains the plates were whisked away and ironically given the rush they were in, we were left hanging for nearly 20 minutes on the bill despite asking for it 3 times.

At this point the arrival of the bill couldn't come quick enough as the whole evening never really got going and from start to finish the meal took approximately 50 minutes.

On top the bill was we thought a tad expensive for what we got. It did include 4 soft drinks but at just under £100 (which wouldn't have been too bad if it had been quality tucker) it wasn't and it just wasn't good enough really.

A shame because the interiors, location etc were fine

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Popped in before a visit to the cinema and took advantage of the early bird menu. 3 courses (including poppadoms and its) for £12.95. Nice ambience and lovely food. The Land Dansak was superb and we will be back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a quick bite to eat with a friend, the service were welcoming and friendly. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, the dishes arrived out in good time and were beautiful. A rich mixture of spices, will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Great food, restaurant was really well presented and the pricing was good too. Really enjoyable meal, definitely recommend a visit if you are in the area