Galgorm Resort & Spa
US$152
US$138
  • Pool
Rosspark Hotel(Ballymena)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,641 results
All reviewsthermal villagegillies restauranthot tubgin barriver viewfour seasonsafternoon teadeluxe roomitalian restaurantroom restaurantthermal suitecomplimentary mini baroutdoor jacuzziphantom housecupcakesfrom start to finishturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my mother visited the Galgorm
Hotel to use the spa facilities during our Easter holidays. The spa treatment itself was fabulous and staff were attentive and pleasant. We both spent a fortune on skin care which was our choice. My only criticism would be the £20 you have to pay to use the thermal village. I do think that when you spend enough on a spa treatment, surely that would constitute use of the thermal village. This is the case of other hotels. However, we then had afternoon tea in the conservatory which was lovely. Staff were again attentive and the food was delicious. I could not fault it.
Upon returning home, I discovered that I had left my trusty pink Fitbit in my locker. As this is/was a beloved part of my attire, I was anxious to locate it. I duly contacted the spa reception and explained my predicament. The staff member said she would check for me and contact me before 10pm. I told her the exact location of the locker and number. There was no return call. The next morning, I contacted the spa reception again to be told by a male, that I would have to speak to housekeeping. He took my number and said someone would check and return my call. Please bear in mind that this was day two of missing Fitbit! Needless to say, no return call.

Day three, which was today, I was in desperation as my fitness regime depends on said Fitbit! I rang and selected option 6 which was for general enquiries. I explained all yet again to a lady on the receiving end. She was not at all helpful and said housekeeping takes 48 hours to find, collect, store and contact lost item owners. I said this was day three of the saga and I was getting a teeny bit fed up. I told her that all I needed was a staff member of the spa team to check my locker, which would have taken a minute. She replied that I could not expect a reception member of staff to do so. I then told her I would record all of this for trip advisor and she said that was my prerogative. I asked to speak to management and she took my number and said someone would return my call. I am still waiting.
Only that I live so far away, I feel like staging a protest. If anyone spots a pink Fitbit, please feel free to hand it over to hotel staff or maybe just keep it. I have given up all hope of locating it. Please learn from my experience and do not lose anything at this hotel. I am so disappointed and disgruntled.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Tyrone123
CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We have made contact with yourself regarding your lost item, and if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Recently visited the Galgorm Resort and Spa. The place is full of scenic views and has such s nice atmosphere throughout the entirety of the hotel.
The Spa and Thermal Village is one of the unique points of the hotel and they have to be seen to be believed.
Great experience from start to finish.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed at Galgorm before and had really good experiences and my husband left a great review but after our most recent visit I felt a little disappointed and wanted to leave an honest review of our visit this time.

I took my husband on the deluxe spring package for his 30th birthday. Galgorm is expensive but I always have found it worth it before for the luxury and care you receive.

The welcome from the lovely doorman and check in were good, I do think 3pm is a very late check in time for such an expense but we were able to use the spa until our room was ready which is a nice touch. Our room was spacious with a nice view and lovely chocolates and snacks/drinks but it did feel a little grubby as there were crisp crumbs all over the floor beside the little table and we also found a hairclip on the floor which made me wonder if the room had been hoovered.

The spa was lovely to visit, very luxurious and not too crowded. Some cubicles in the changing rooms would be a welcome addition as not everyone feels comfortable changing in the open space and wresting into a swimming costume in a toilet cubicle is a squeeze! We had a lovely time in the spa, though I used one of the showers afterwards and it was full of clumps of hair, a hair bobble and a few shower caps and it felt a bit grubby.

The meal included with our package was in Gillies. Having eaten in The River Room before we were excited to try something new but the experience was very different. The service was friendly but extremely slow (when the restaurant didn't appear very busy) and our steaks were both very overcooked. Having waited for them so long we didn't want to complain. We still enjoyed our meals and the portions were very generous. Breakfast in Gillies the next morning was lovely and I can't fault it. Great food and selection.

Sadly I can't say we had a pleasant night's sleep because as on previous visits, the room was absolutely boiling. We opened the windows when we checked in and left them open until we left but still were very warm and both woke several times through the night feeling warm and stuffy.

Overall we both left feeling a little disappointed, there was nothing major but just a lot of little details which is where The Galgorm usually shines. For such a special occasion we felt a little let down.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire M
CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Galgorm Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. I would be grateful if you could contact me at crobb@galgorm.com

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely fantastic stay at the galgorm!! Yes it is expensive but you get what you pay for!! Welcomed at the door by Maurice and what a lovely welcome it was!! A real gentleman!! Then on inside to the beginning of 2 nights of pure bliss!! Everyone was so friendly and nothing was any bother!! The room was clean and beds comfy!! Had a complimentary mini bar which was great! Not many places do that!! Even had a turn down service where they left a little chocolate on the pillow and a fresh bottle of water and a glass!! Ate in both Fratellis and The Gillies! Both places the food was exceptional! Loved the gin bar!! The young guy in the gin bar with dark hair ( I wish I could remember his name) was fantastic and knew all about gins!! Just a lovely relaxing wee bar! As for the spa it was just a little slice of heaven!! Spent all day down there on the 2nd day and treated ourselves to the serenity experience which was just the best!! I could go on about this place forever but all as you need to do is get booking if you want to let your hair down and relax!! This really must be what heaven is like Needless to say il be back!!

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to relax and avail of all the facilities that the Resort has to offer.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great venue here, was here for a wedding however I wish now I had come along earlier to make use of the facilities and go exploring, photos of the spa area made it look pretty excellent. Bring your cheque book though.. drinks are not the cheapest.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends