“Simply and utterly delicious ”
Review of The Blackstone

The Blackstone
Ranked #7 of 163 Restaurants in Ballymena
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

The food we had here was some of the most delicious food I’ve had in a while, it blew my expectations and the price was in my opinion very reasonable £25 per head starter and main (drinks not included). We had a variety of dishes between 3 of us both starter and main that were all faultless. I highly recommend. Thai beef salad to start was incredible.

1  Thank VickyC1628

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

It's been a few years since I had dinner here but at the time it was fantastic and that was for a party of 20. My partner had never been here so it was a first for him. Service was polite and friendly but it was incredibly slow. We both had starters, soup and the monkfish tempura, they were very good. It took ages for anyone to take our order initially and it got worse as the night went on. We eventually got our order for mains taken, I had the Barbary duck and my partner opted for sirloin steak. The duck was overdone, quite dry in parts although would have to say the dauphinoise potatoes were incredible. We then waited so long on somebody taking the dessert order, we decided to call it quits and paid the bill and left. The couple across from us arrived later, had their main meal and dessert and had left before we finished our mains, we just wondered had we been plonked in the corner and forgotten about. Very disappointed Blackstone, considering I had been raving about how good you were

2  Thank travelled-annie
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Had two fantastic evening meals here. Great service, delicious food, not your average menu for the price charged. Recommend without hesitation.

1  Thank D T
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

If you want something a bit different from other restaurants in Ballymena then this is the place to go. Lots of different dishes on the menu including duck bon bons, crispy marinated beef with Asian salad, duck burger and steak to name but a few. It was really difficult to choose a dish.
2 of us had the Homemade beef burger & 1 had steak. The burger was amazing, full of flavour and it was served with homemade tomato ketchup and thick cut chips. The steak was good too.
They have a good kids menu too.
Sercicr was good and the food was reasonably priced. It's worth a try if you fancy something different.

1  Thank GeriCo83
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve eaten in the Blackstone a number of times with my wife and kids and it is consistently delicious. I had the black pudding and pork beignets recently and they were outstanding and my wife’s burger was top notch. They have colouring and crayons to keep my two kids happy and the service is always great. This place is a top class gastro pub, with fresh ingredients and only marginally more expensive than taking the family to a McDonalds, say. Best place to eat in Ballymena, hands down.

1  Thank RJ5678