“Birthday treat”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Very busy grill, food delicious, staff very effecient and friendly. Choice of menu very good selection of food.

Date of visit: February 2017
MFairbanksGalgorm, Manager at Gillies Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear murphyden7,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Gillies Bar and Grill at Galgorm Resort and Spa.

I am delighted that you found the food delicious. We strive to provide top quality food to all of our guests and I am pleased to read that we met your expectations during your visit. I am glad that you found our menu extensive and that the staff were very efficient and friendly.

I truly believe it is our staff who make the difference and I will be delighted to pass on your kind feedback to both the front of house and kitchen team who I am sure will be delighted to hear your kind comments.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Gillies Bar and Grill in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

excellent value efficient staff lovely people excellent room service, food delishious bar staff very friendly variety of menus to choose from

Dear mcgrath1965,

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review following your visit to Gillies Bar and Grill at Galgorm Resort and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you found your meal excellent value for money and that the staff were efficient and friendly. I truly believe that it our staff who make the difference to the guest experience and delighted that they have met your expectations.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Gillies Bar and Grill in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Service was great. Starter was great, we shared the platter. Both my partner and my main courses were so bad that we had to leave them. Chicken schnitzel with a different topping each was nothing short of chicken with a congealed melted mess on top. And the sweet potato fries were undercooked. Overpriced for something that you can get better in a cafe in town. Birthday treat ruined

Date of visit: February 2017
MFairbanksGalgorm, Manager at Gillies Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear jacksken34,

Thank you for taking the time to post you review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Gillies Bar and Grill at Galgorm Resort and Spa.

Firstly I am delighted to read that you found the service was great. We strive to provide our guests with the highest level of customer service and it is warming to read that the staff met your expectations during your visit. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the service staff who will be delighted to hear your positive feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your sharing platter for starter, however I do wish to apologise for your main course which you found disappointing. This is far from the quality of food we aim to provide our guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding your food to our chefs.

Once again I apologise for the quality of food that you received on the evening of your visit. I can assure you if this issue was raised at the time there would be no problem to exchange your meal for another dish however I appreciate this may not have been convenient for you on the evening.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this occurrence and should you wish to speak further on this matter please contact me at your convenience at alogan@galgorm.com.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Gillies Bar and Grill in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Don't frequent Gillies that often as I much prefer Fratelli , however we called in for lunch on the way home from a hospital appointment. The lunch with a drink is now £12.95, my husband had the regular glass of wine and I opted for the upgrade to a large glass. They were both the same size when they arrived at our table!!
Our seafood linguine was very nice but difficult to eat as the table was so wobbly . We then struggled to attract anyone's attention to get a dessert menu and when we did noone returned to take the order so we decided to leave. My husband did point out the lacking service when paying but the manager was not interested.
Unfortunately the standards of service in gillies are not as good as the rest of the resort and led to a rather frustrating experience rather than a relaxing one.

Dear KTMNorthernIreland,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Gillies Bar and Grill. Your feedback is important to us.

I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your most recent visit. We feel that the lunch menu -main course and a drink for £12.95 is good value for money. A regular wine with this menu would be served as a 125ml measure and an upgraded wine measure is served as a 175ml measure.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your seafood linguine. I am however most disappointed to read about the service you received during your visit. This is far from the service we aim to provide our guests. I can assure you that I will be investigating this issue further as to the service you received. Please accept my apologies on this occasion for this unfortunate incident.

Gillies is of course part of the Galgorm Resort and so it is essential that service levels are maintained throughout the Resort. I apologise once again for this service on this day and I will be sure to address this with the service staff.

Thank you for taking the time to highlight areas to myself where improvement mat be found. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at alogan@galgorm.com.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

My fiancée and i dined here during our stay in galgorm .. we were not disappointed
The food was delicious and great portion size
Also the staff that served us was extremely helpful and very friendly.. will be returning soon i hope

Date of visit: January 2017

Dear Fridaylunchdates,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Gillies Bar and Grill at Galgorm Resort and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you found the food delicious, the portion size was great and that you were not disappointed. We strive to provide top quality wholesome food to all of our guests.

I am also glad to read that you found the staff extremely helpful and very friendly. I believe that it truly is our staff who make a difference to our customer experience and I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks which I am sure they will be delighted to hear.

Thank you again for your positive review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Gillies Bar and Grill in the very near future.