“Lovely Country Pub”

Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018

we stopped off here on the off chance that we could bring our dogs in and we could! The food was fabulous and plentiful. The staff couldn't do more to welcome and assist. Lovely, thank you.

1  Thank Olivia1637362

Reviewed 4 December 2017

The pub is lovely, especially when decorated for Christmas, and the staff were friendly, but we felt that the food was average and could be better. Lamb chops were very fatty, mussels barely warm (sent back and re-heated) and the garlic bread had had a minimal encounter with any garlic and, whilst the meal wasn't overly expensive, it was one of those occasions where we felt we could have cooked better, even in our caravan. A bit of a disappointment. We'd go back for a starter at lunch time but probably not for a main course.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I drove past the Silent Woman on my way to Corfe Castle and thought how attractive it was, so on my return trip I stopped for lunch.
I was admiring the gardens of the pub when a family of three arrived by car – parents and a child. Immediately the child started to create and ended up having a full-blown tantrum, screaming because presumably he couldn’t get his own way. It was ironic that this scene took place outside of a pub that has a “no children inside the premises” policy. I heartily applaud their policy on this matter.
Service was polite and quick and I enjoyed a delicious lunch and a drink. An excellent (and quiet) experience.

1  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Walk there via the Sika trail food it well laid out and although dogs are allowed children are not! Good range of well kept ales and a nice menu for lunch

1  Thank rugger_rats
Reviewed 19 November 2017

I visited The Silent Woman following a walk through Wareham Forest and found the staff very welcoming and friendly. I stayed for lunch with my group (12 in total) and we all thoroughly enjoyed our lunches which ranged from hearty cooked lunches to sandwiches. The menu choice was good, the prices were reasonable and the portions generous. A very enjoyable visit.