“Super lunch”

Ranked #21 of 62 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2017

First class lunch with friends
Staff very efficient and welcoming

Not cheap but meals are on the massive size and well worth it

Lovely ambience

Dog friendly and child free

Well worth a vist

1  Thank Deborah H

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

With a wonderful back story
Very good range of gluten free mains lovely very good serving staff
And they let dogs in but not children

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We visited The Silent Woman Inn today at lunchtime and what a treat it was! We arrived and were greeted by two signs saying clearly that children were not permitted, and offering three possible close alternatives to those visiting with children. This suited us fine because as a couple with no children, we find pubs with children running amok and causing a fuss really irritating.
Anyway, we were seated quickly and as it was only just 12pm it was quiet when we arrived but then soon filled up. We ordered scampi and chips, and the special steak, mushroom and Guinness pie and two cokes. The scampi, although I admit relatively easy to cook but also relatively easy to make bland and tasteless, was absolutely delicious! I had a full plate full with loads of scampi, chips and peas. My partner absolutely loved his pie which was served with chips and seasonal vegetables. The beef was melt in the mouth tender and it was lovely for my other half stop talking for once as he was enjoying his meal so much. Our bill was £25 which we found very reasonable, and the service we received was brilliant - prompt and polite without being obtrusive. There was a full menu range and looking at other diners food, it was difficult to make a decision on what to have!

On a final note, I really am unsure why diners who were not able to bring their children have felt the need to leave a poor review. It really is clear when entering the pub that children are only allowed outside and I actually find parents anger at not everyone wanting to sit with their 'darling' children really very self-righteous.

5  Thank patsydarling2015
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Mainly retired clientele. Quiet at lunchtime. . Mein host likes everything just so. He & staff very attentive. Reasonable lunch snack menu with more pricey "restaurant" dishes.
Great for quiet chat, no good if you want a bustling pub atmosphere.

1  Thank Aldhelm
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

This is my favourite pub! I live in Bournemouth but have been going to the silent women at least once a month for the past 5 years. The service is fantastic, really friendly, welcoming & they always make a fuss of my dog which I love. Nothing is ever too much trouble & the landlord & lady are lovely. In all the time going I have never had a bad meal, the food has always been great, lunch time, Xmas meal, dinner & my brother got married here. I have seen some negative comments about not allowing children in the pub but too me that's perfect. Why is it people with children 1 always think their kids are well behaved & 2 that they should be allowed anywhere. I am an adult who does not like children & don't want to be around them hence I go to this pub, if you want to take your kids somewhere go to a child friendly pub & stop righting bad reviews just because the pub rules ate not to you liking!!!

5  Thank Helen D