The Anglebury House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)
View Hotel
Mortons House Hotel(Corfe Castle)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewslovely little placefive minute walkshort staytrain stationcorfe castlearabiajane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Yer room was dated and bathroom small. But it was £50 for one night. Wifi worked well and a packed lunch was left for me as I was leaving to early for breakfast.

No onsite parking but plenty of spaces nearby

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Had a nice welcome in fairness - promptly shown to the room and was informed of everything that we needed to know.
The room is dated and far too small. Thank goodness we only stayed for 1 night. The floors are too creaky and the bed was ancient. The mattress was far to soft and we both woke up to a sore back.
The bathroom was horrendous - it was advertised as en suite but nowhere in the description does it say en suite with hair all over the floor, toilet and sink!!
The towels provided were dirty too.
Breakfast provided a good choice however everything is brought to you. Would much prefer a buffet with the option of helping yourself to cereal, yogurt and juice. Hot food is cooked to order. The tea and coffee is of poor quality and we managed 1 sip each.
We could not wait to leave and to top it off they wanted us to pay someone elses bill - this was promptly corrected but will never allow this to happen again.
I would not recommend this "hotel" to anyone - They need to advertise as a guest house or a B and B as this would help manage expectation. We will visit this area again and we already found somewhere of a higher standard to stay.

Room Tip: Don't have a room here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We stayed here in a family room for one night with my son. The rooms are old with very dated decor and a basic standard of furnishings - but we didn't mind that too much especially given the price. The rooms were overall pretty clean but there were one or two things that could have been cleaner. The free wifi was very weak and we couldn't connect at all. The big issue is with the breakfast service - one very stressed young lady serving quite a lot of people meant that everyone received a long wait for their juice, coffee, breakfast etc. We didn't receive our juice or our coffee and had to ask again and there was no offer of a drinks refill or toast and marmalade after our breakfast. However, the breakfast itself was very tasty and well-cooked! The owners and staff are also very friendly. I think if they upped cleanliness in a few areas, made some basic updates to furnishings and decor, and improved breakfast service they would have a good B & B offer.

Room Tip: The family room no.8 was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Parking is a bit of an issue here - you can only park outside between 17.00 and 10.00 if you get a space. You can park in the pay and display car park for a maximum of four hours so you need to be careful with your timings.

This is an old hotel, so the bedrooms are small. Ours was simply furnished which was fine. No hand soap in the dispenser so I asked for it to be filled up the next day and I was told that it would be. It wasn't. I went downstairs in the evening to ask for soap and a nice chap said he would bring me some. He had to make a second trip because by then I realised that we had been given no shower gel either.

Reasonable choice for breakfast, but no offer of brown bread. Only white bread was served, which is a slight problem for me because I find it indigestible. We ordered, and after a very long wait our coffee arrived, then our cereal. The cooked breakfast then arrived and it was quite nice apart from the sausage, which wasn't very flavoursome. Part way through the cooked breakfast the fruit juice arrived. We waited so long that I had to go out and move the car because of the parking restrictions whilst we were waiting for our food to arrive. We were not alone - a couple had to walk out before the food arrived to keep an appointment.

Don't expect too much from the decor in the communal areas. Everything seems to be painted black which highlights all the chips in the paintwork. The carpets are due for retirement too.

The bar doesn't appear to be open in the evenings, so we went out and explored the town, and a nice little town it is too.

l

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The room was sub standard at best, with fairly poor furnishings; I'm yet to decide what contributed to my lack of sleep between the solid mattress, potentially unwashed bedding or horrific pillows.
Stay well clear of the restaurant, generally dirty dining room, tiny tables and frankly poor food quality. (Huge hairs in meals etc).
Although it appears to be one of the cheaper establishments in the area, it just proves that you get what you pay for.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends