Free cancellation until 21/07
  • Free Breakfast
Frome Corner(Wareham)
Worgret Manor(Wareham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfive minute walkyoung waitershort staystayed here for one nightpleasant staycorfe castlethe rivermonkey worldarabiajane
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Twice in the last week I called in for a pot of tea. First time I queried the price. Priced £1.70 on menu outside and inside menu. I was charged £1.85. only 15p but was told that was price on till. Today menu price £1.70 charged £1.85. I did mention the price and was told they have been waiting new menus for a time. I wont go again as now I am unsure about all their pricing. I would have happily put the difference in the poppy box. A week ago I queried the price this should have been put right.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank janet f
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I stayed here one night. Staff were very friendly. Close to shops and a five minute walk from the train station. Just minutes away from the bus stops which came in handy for my visits to Corfe Castle, Swanage, Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door. My only gripe is that there was no shower attachment on the bath taps so you're forced to have a bath. Nevertheless, I'd stay again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank G M
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Attending a concert in Wareham we went on line to find a place for supper. Anglebury House seemed to be within our budget so we booked by telephone. When we arrived the place was almost empty. The menu indicated that prices had gone up since the website was last updated. The food was only average: chicken was tough, and the skate wings were cooked to within an inch of their lives. The ubiquitous rosti potatoes were bought in ready-prepared (on the admission of the waitress when I asked) and it was altogether a mediocre meal. Another one off the list!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue r
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Years ago used to visit this restaurant. Had a good lunch. Varied menu to choose from. Summer lunch menu,specials board and usual menu. Only thing at 12.45 no roast of the day. But plenty of other choices. A good meal. The waiter seemed very young but he was very good and friendly and efficient. He did a good job.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

The room was clean and nicely decorated with the facilities you would expect from a good hotel. The bed was comfortable but I was a little concerned about the position being over the main street in Wareham however, I need not have worried as there was little noise from the traffic and I slept well,The room had a good shower, plenty of drawer and wardrobe space. The breakfast was plentiful and very tasty, as good as any I have had. The town is picturesque and and the pubs would satisfy any CAMRA member with the quality of the beers served and wide range of meals available. The only criticism is the limited space in the car park but pletiful parking space in the street which is mainly free between until 10.00am..

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple