Review Highlights
Brilliant! What a nice way to spend a day!

Daren (and Snowy) picked us up for our private tour and we were off for our marvelous day! Daren... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Escape824743
Great day with Daren and Snowy!

Daren was an excellent guide. He met us at the port...we had a wonderful day trip around the... read more

Reviewed 6 November 2018
sdakota2016
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

All reviews vw camper durdle door corfe castle vw bus private tour jurassic coast small group roman town house cruise ship day tour big buses crowded bus beautiful sights port stop goodie bag great stories to tell an amazing guide
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the highlights of Dorset with Daren. I was in the area on business and wanted to use the opportunity to see this beautiful part of the country in the little time I had to spare - there is no better way than having a knowledgeable local guide take you to all the places worth visiting. It was stress free, I could literally sit back and relax enjoying the views from his cute camper van Snowy - much better than driving yourself, plus we saw some hidden gems that a tourist is unlikely to find on their own. We made plenty of stops and saw a huge variety of sights, from breath-taking coast to castles and villages. Daren was an expert guide as well as good company and I would sincerely recommend his day trips to anybody who wants to discover Dorset.

Date of experience: March 2018
Daren G, Owner at Dorset Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

I’m so pleased you enjoyed the tour, Anja– thanks so much for your fantastic review. Snowy and I can provide a far more personalised and friendly tour than any standard coach & big minibus trips available - we do our level best to make sure every tour is both special and memorable, as well as doing those little things that other operators don’t even think about! Hope to see you for another trip when you next visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I wanted to show a friend from Venezuela that there's more to life than London, so booked a tour with Daren at Dorset Day Trips and summoned her on the train. We covered a lot of ground in Snowy, Daren's immaculate VW Camper and all of it interesting. We both had a thoroughly good time and despite the weather trying to misbehave, Daren remained upbeat and in shorts. What stood out for me were a) Daren's enthusiasm, b) the great service (customer service in England?!) and c) what he adds to your excursion, historial and local knowledge and the best angles for photographs. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: October 2017
3  Thank Oliver M
Daren G, Owner at Dorset Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

I’m so pleased you both enjoyed the tour, Oliver– thanks so much for your brilliant review and for spending your valuable time and money with Dorset Day Trips! . It’s always a pleasure to show visitors the local sights & share the tales/history of Dorset ...plus add a little of my magic sparkle from Snowy of course! Hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent day with Daren. He showed us the main “touristy” sites as well as things we never have seen without a local, personal guide.

3  Thank Brian B

Thanks so much for your review, Brian - I’m so pleased you all enjoyed the tour! There’s so much to see here in Dorset that coming on one of my trips is the best & friendliest way to see as much as possible in the time you have available here! Hope to see you when you next visit these shores!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Our tour provided by Dorset Day trips was one of our best shore excursions.
Daren provided us with a great tour of the beautiful sights of Dorset in his lovely "snowy" VW van. His personality and knowledge of the area made the day extremely enjoyable and his experience made our day much easier than the usual group tours that had to walk far distances or wait in long lines. I highly recommend a day with Daren.

4  Thank pinotg

It was a pleasure showing you all some of the sights of Dorset – thanks for your review! In the time available we saw the best of Dorset, and certainly without spending most of the day on the road which some of your fellow cruise passengers will have done on their coach tours - some places are just too far on a short visit, and there is so much to see nearby!. And thanks for your comments on my VW camper – everyone loves Snowy! Hope to see you for another trip when you next visit the UK!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Daren and his camper van Snowy, from Dorset Day Tours, met me at my hotel and once the paperwork etc. was sorted Daren advised me of the itinerary for the day ahead visiting the beautiful historic county of Dorset.
I found Dorset a county of contrasts, with winding leafy lanes and hidden villages with many rivers and streams. There were rolling hills and chalk heath lands and specific
historical sites, which reminded me of the history of the county from Neolithic long barrows,Iron Age hill forts and settlements and the Bronze, Saxon, Roman and Norman periods.
We frequently stopped along the route to see many of the places of interest with Daren usually managing to find a suitable antidote, including appropriate dates which
I realised were bringing the history to life for me. With a lunch break in one of the larger villages, we ended the tour through some of the villages with more unusual names and we returned via the Pool Quayside and the affluent Sandbanks region to end a fascinating tour of the Dorset countryside.

2  Thank jeanmiddlesbsrough

I’m so pleased you enjoyed the tour, Jean– thanks so much for your review. Snowy and I can provide a far more personalised and friendly tour than standard coach trips available - we do our level best to make sure every trip is both special and memorable, as well as doing those little things that other operators don’t even think about! Hope to see you on your next visit.