“Best way to see the best sights on a great day out!”
Review of Dorset Day Trips

Dorset Day Trips
Ranked #2 of 11 Tours in Isle of Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visiting Portland on a cruise? Then why not come on the best & friendliest local tour available & see the best of Dorset & the Jurassic Coast in ‘70s VW style! We provide a far more bespoke & friendly tour than standard coach trips & certainly without spending most of the day on the road like some tours. See Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove, magnificent castles, Roman ruins & picturesque villages!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A group of friends & I had (another) great day out with Daren in his VW bus “Snowy”, seeing some stunning views and picture-perfect little villages along the way which Daren told us all about, including some great facts – don’t be afraid to ask him anything, he knows stuff! We also visited an old pub for tea & scones (maybe a hearty ale or two as well!) – the icing on the cake to a day of laughter, adventure, oh and with some great sights too!!

Daren G, Owner at Dorset Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was a real pleasure seeing you all again and showing you more of the best sights of the area – thanks so much for your review and kind words! There’s so much to see here in Dorset that coming on one of my unique trips is easily the best & friendliest way to see as much as possible in the time you have available! Hope to see you for another tour in the future!

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"passengers"
"van"

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the highlights of Dorset with Daren. I was in the area on business and wanted to use the opportunity to see this beautiful part of the country in the little time I had to spare - there is no better way than having a knowledgeable local guide take you to all the places worth visiting. It was stress free, I could literally sit back and relax enjoying the views from his cute camper van Snowy - much better than driving yourself, plus we saw some hidden gems that a tourist is unlikely to find on their own. We made plenty of stops and saw a huge variety of sights, from breath-taking coast to castles and villages. Daren was an expert guide as well as good company and I would sincerely recommend his day trips to anybody who wants to discover Dorset.

I’m so pleased you enjoyed the tour, Anja– thanks so much for your fantastic review. Snowy and I can provide a far more personalised and friendly tour than any standard coach & big minibus trips available - we do our level best to make sure every tour is both special and memorable, as well as doing those little things that other operators don’t even think about! Hope to see you for another trip when you next visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I wanted to show a friend from Venezuela that there's more to life than London, so booked a tour with Daren at Dorset Day Trips and summoned her on the train. We covered a lot of ground in Snowy, Daren's immaculate VW Camper and all of it interesting. We both had a thoroughly good time and despite the weather trying to misbehave, Daren remained upbeat and in shorts. What stood out for me were a) Daren's enthusiasm, b) the great service (customer service in England?!) and c) what he adds to your excursion, historial and local knowledge and the best angles for photographs. Highly recommended!

3  Thank Oliver M
Daren G, Owner at Dorset Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

I’m so pleased you both enjoyed the tour, Oliver– thanks so much for your brilliant review and for spending your valuable time and money with Dorset Day Trips! . It’s always a pleasure to show visitors the local sights & share the tales/history of Dorset ...plus add a little of my magic sparkle from Snowy of course! Hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent day with Daren. He showed us the main “touristy” sites as well as things we never have seen without a local, personal guide.

3  Thank Brian B

Thanks so much for your review, Brian - I’m so pleased you all enjoyed the tour! There’s so much to see here in Dorset that coming on one of my trips is the best & friendliest way to see as much as possible in the time you have available here! Hope to see you when you next visit these shores!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Our tour provided by Dorset Day trips was one of our best shore excursions.
Daren provided us with a great tour of the beautiful sights of Dorset in his lovely "snowy" VW van. His personality and knowledge of the area made the day extremely enjoyable and his experience made our day much easier than the usual group tours that had to walk far distances or wait in long lines. I highly recommend a day with Daren.

4  Thank pinotg

It was a pleasure showing you all some of the sights of Dorset – thanks for your review! In the time available we saw the best of Dorset, and certainly without spending most of the day on the road which some of your fellow cruise passengers will have done on their coach tours - some places are just too far on a short visit, and there is so much to see nearby!. And thanks for your comments on my VW camper – everyone loves Snowy! Hope to see you for another trip when you next visit the UK!