“Stunning view and food”

Ranked #30 of 147 Restaurants in Bridport
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We serve the finest Palmer's Ales and fantastic food with ingredients sourced from the best local producers.Our cliff top terrace comfortably seats 100 and the views are arguably some of the best in the country, if not the world!During the summer months we serve a great selection of fresh fish & shellfish caught from West Bay and Weymouth, and lobsters straight from our beach!In winter, the emphasis changes to hearty stews, slow cooked meats and watching the storm waves crash in with the comfort of our roaring wood burner.So whether you're after a light bite, a full on lunch or dinner, or just a pint or two, then The Anchor Inn at Seatown is the place for you!!
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

On a recommendation we popped into The Anchor Inn. A perfect day with a stunning meal. We had fish n chips and my son had a hot dog. They cost £15 and £14 respectively. The prices are high and I suppose the view is what you pay for.

The question is, would we go back, is it worth the trip. The answer has to be a resounding yes. The best fish n chips, good staff and a great view.

We will be back when we have saved up. Lol

Write a ReviewReviews (1,560)

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Visited last week. After a long walk over the Golden Cap, we ended up here. The food was great (a wee bit pricey) and the views were fantastic.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favourite places. The location is stunning. On the whole, the staff are friendly but the last three times I’ve been, the food has been disappointing for the price. A main salad cost £12 and was the same size as a green side salad £4 which had more interesting ingredients (except for the ewe’s cheese which surely can’t account for the £8 difference). I had a light bite ‘billy goat terrine’ which came in a pot with a bit of salad garnish on top. This was nice but there was no bread. When I asked if the bread was coming, I was told this is how it comes. I asked for some bread/toast and was brought some croutons. Were they just expecting guests to eat terrine out of a jar?! Strange.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

The staff could not be any more helpful especially in these very warm times. The food was good value for money and the drinks where reasonably priced too. Great views over the bay.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Good pub location
Nice selection of Dorset ales
Seating area in open sun and shade.
Drinks are a little expensive almost £14 for a pint and a half of local ale and a large glass of wine.
We was going to have a meal but the prices were a little too much compared to what they were serving.
I would nip in again as the views were nice and after a bbq on the beach it was nice.
It does cost £4 to park your car there also but if you spend £20 or more in the pub they return the fee.

1  Thank muccam