See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2015

We recently got married in the local area and hired a number of cottages in West Pitt farm for visiting family. The cottages are of a really high standard and Susanne was a fantastic help in organising the best people in each room and accommodating in the run up to the booking. They made the booking so easy and trouble free and all of the people who stayed at West Pitt raved about how fantastic the accommodation was.

I would recommend staying at West Pitt very highly.

Mike

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Devontrip, Owner at West Pitt Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

Thank you for choosing West Pitt Cottages for friends and family to stay while attending your wedding weekend at a venue locally. Wishing you and Zoe every happiness for your future together.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

We had a really great week long break over Easter at these self catering cottages. We stayed in the Carthouse which has 5 double bedrooms (1 downstairs) and 2 en-suite shower rooms. Large kitchen/lounge/dining area with great views. The weather was kind and the setting is so tranquil, Really well equipped, especially for young children in that they even provided a night light and plug covers! Access roads are a little narrow, but close to the M5 and Tiverton makes for easy access. Excellent location instructions if you don't have Sat Nav as well! We enjoyed feeding the fish in the top pond and the children really enjoyed the indoor pool and the outdoor play equipment.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Devontrip, Owner at West Pitt Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2015

Thank you and I am delighted you had a lovely Easter week. We look forward to seeing you again. Susanne

Reviewed 30 October 2014

I recently stayed at West Pitt Farm, with a group of twelve women, to celebrate some "significant" birthdays. We occupied The Cider Press and Carthouse. Both properties were perfectly situated to enjoy the surrounding countryside. The facilities were perfect and everything was spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable. We had everything we needed and Susanne was so welcoming and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. We particularly enjoyed the pool and the lovely local walks. To top it all, I forgot to pack my trainers and Susanne has been kind enough to parcel them up and post them home! I have been telling everyone I know about this wonderful holiday destination and will definitely be returning to stay again. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Claire J
Reviewed 21 September 2014

I agree with Alex M from Manchester, the pictures on the website do not do West Pitt justice. This place is just so perfect though, I don't think it can be captured on a lens. Only through your own eyes, can you truly appreciate this wonderful paradise.

My Husband and I had the pleasure of staying in Gate Lodge. We arrived after a long, but nice journey through several beautiful counties. We were tired and just looking forward to a nice glass of wine and some relaxation. Gate Lodge is stunning, immaculately clean, spacious and overlooking one of the lakes. I couldn't believe how lucky we were. I sent him off to drown some maggots and got on with the unpacking. So much storage space, everything you could wish for and more. I always take everything, but the kitchen sink. It was not needed at West Pitt. I cannot think of one single thing, that wasn't provided. The huge fully equipped kitchen was divine.

Glorious weather, the most stunning scenery, peace, quiet, tranquility, we did not want to leave.

West Pitt is so well placed to visit south and North Devon. I had one day out on my own, whilst Hubby fished. Having never been to Exmoor before, I was blown away by the sheer beauty. We both visited places in South Devon, where we had spent our first holiday together. A trip to Clovelly is an absolute must.

Susanne is the most welcoming hostess and nothing is too much trouble. I was very lucky to take a walk with her, Holly and Lilly ( beautiful dogs). We walked through the farm and around the lanes. It's like being on another planet.

I have read a review that says Tiverton is dirty. I found it to be a lovely town, providing all I wanted and the M & S food hall was a great bonus, for self catering without much effort. A superb Tesco, nice department store and interesting market.

One week was not long enough and we both hope to return next year, for a longer stay. Sadly I didn't get the chance to use the pool or sauna, although both looked fantastic. Hubby says the fishing was excellent, he did all the lakes and was successful at each one. He says they are very well stocked and maintained. The whole farm is an amazing place. Excellent information on local shops, restaurants, pubs etc is provided.

We only ate out twice during our stay, once at the Five Bells in Clyst Hydon, and also at the Mount Pleasant Inn at Nomansland. Both well worth a visit. I will post separate reviews.

All in all, a perfect holiday, in a perfect place. I cannot rate highly enough. Thank you Susanne for sharing your piece of paradise with us.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackie132
Devontrip, Owner at West Pitt Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2014

Thank you for staying with us. Look forward to your next visit and more dog walking!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at Westpitt Farm for a week and I can honestly say that the photography on the website does not do justice to the beautiful surroundings. Our accommodation was spotless, the Farm itself was delightful with lots to explore in the immediate area and Susanne was on hand to answer any questions we had about any areas of interest locally. Our children (4 and 3) were captivated by the Farm, particularly the play area and tennis court, and had the freedom to play where they wanted in a safe and secure environment. On returning home, our children are still talking about Westpitt and are asking when our next holiday there will be! I'm sure we'll be back and Westpitt Farm is a great place for a relaxing stay away from the strains and stresses of everyday (city) life.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Devontrip, Owner at West Pitt Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

It was lovely to meet you and have your family to stay. The play area is a big hit with young children following a day out at the beach! Thank you for staying with us at West Pitt and we look forward to seeing you again soon.