“Excellent meal”

Church House Inn
Ranked #22 of 70 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional historic 13th Century pub, restaurant serving great local produce. Large bar area with several dining areas to choose from. Outside sun-filled terrace too. Full of traditional features including ; inglenook fireplaces, low beams and a well with tunnels to the Church opposite and beyond!
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

My first visit since this pub changed hands, and really the only disappointing element was the lack of customers! We both had fish and chips - catch of the day was fresh as you like in a delicious crunchy beer batter. We chose chunky chips, which were far too good... couldn’t stop eating them. We were a bit thrown by the jug of gravy offered (really? With fish?) but apparently that is a common request! Along with attentive service, we had a super evening. But it was a bit chilly... would have been nice to be a bit warmer.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I went as a recommendation from a friend as they have added some vegan dishes to the menu. I had the chestnut pie and it was delicious! Highly recommend this pup. Great service great food can’t wait to come again. You’ll need to make some more pies because all the kingsbridge vegans want to come and try it.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere in a picturesque village.
A warm welcome from the landlord and made to feel at home.
The best of our pub visits so far. We are from Australia on holiday and will come back again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Booked here for Sunday lunch with my wife and my son. Table by the door proved to be a little chilly every time someone came in. We all chose the carvery which was pleasant. I felt slightly short changed by choosing just beef. I was served two small slices, whilst my son and wife chose beef and pork and both had two pieces of each. A little unusual. I thought the whole setup was a little amateurish and clearly the guy serving the meat was not a chef. Tasted ok though and will try again sometime. The other unusual thing was they only serve filter coffee, once again a little surprising.

Next time will visit one evening to see how things are mid week.

1  Thank Charles P
Reviewed 8 January 2018

After a windy coast walk we popped in for some food. I had passed it 30 odd times and didn't realise how big it was and that it is a St Austell brewery pub, which I am a fan of. We weren't disappointed, a warm welcome from cheery and attentive staff found us a table even though they were busy. I plumped for the crab baguette with a side of chips and my wife went for the whitebait. Both served quickly and tasted great.
The beer always tastes good in these pubs, and the carvery looked very good, a return visit will be needed to sample it.