“Delicious tasting menu”

Twenty Seven by Jamie Rogers
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Description: Quality Produce, All Local Cooked By South West Chef Of The Year Winner And Master Chef Semi Finalist
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We had heard great things about this restaurant and were not disappointed. The tasting menu offered the chance to try a variety of locally produce and every course was delicious. The wine menu was excellent and offers a wide range at a decent price. The service was really lovely and contributed to a really great atmosphere. Thanks for a lovely evening!

Reviewed 26 August 2018

A group of us went for dinner and had a super evening. We all had the tasting menu, which was 5 excellent courses of local produce, expertly cooked, and wonderfully served.

The wine list is interesting and sensibly priced, which added to the occasion.

In summary one of the best meals I've had for some time, in every dimension, and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

My partner and I had our first meal here this week. The food was really good, the presentation, flavour combinations and locality can't be faulted. I'm vegetarian and so had the goats cheese to start which was brilliant, my partners meat dishes looked fantastic too and he very much enjoyed every one. My one criticism would be that it would be great to have more than one veggie option on the mains.
I had cocktails before and after the meal both of which were fab, the wine was also great and the bar man was very knowledgable and passionate about all of the wines and drinks on the menu. The staff in general were really friendly and polite, they made us feel very welcome. Over all we're really happy that Kingsbridge now has a restaurant like this, it's definitely what the area (out side of Salcombe) needs and I'm sure will be very popular with visitors and locals alike. I shall be recommending it to friends and family.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing didn't relise how your taste buds can go so crazy to the flavour this man and his team creates...

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

A restaurant of real class and ambition, I have no doubt the owners (master chef professionals semi finalist) have a star in their sights and will get it. Attention to the very smallest details will help them get there.
There was shell in my otherwise perfect crab starter (saying on the menu that there may be bone in fish isn’t what you want to hear when you expect care and attention in the preparation) and bone in the pork cheek Bon Bon that came as part of an assiette de porc dish which was otherwise sublime. On leaving, the first view on descending the stairs was a stack of empty bottles in crates from the ground floor bar, which weren’t the memories I wanted to take away from what was otherwise one of the best meals I can remember. The cheese plate was a bit of a disappointment at £9 - three extremely small triangles of otherwise good quality cheeses with crackers and accompaniments.