“Sunday lunch”
Review of The Fat Monkey

The Fat Monkey
Ranked #19 of 71 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Trying to find decent food in a place that’s open on a Sunday in Kingsbridge is like a needle in a haystack - we just popped in on the off chance - on Sunday it’s roast only not tapas.
Really friendly staff, nice atmosphere and decor. The food was good plenty of it - the pork crackling on the belly pork wasn’t crispy and the potatoes and stuffing were not of the home made variety. However we really enjoyed the lunch and would probably like to go back to sample the tapas !

1  Thank dorsetanubis
Sam F, Owner at The Fat Monkey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello

Thank you for your review and I’m glad you managed to find us! We currently just do roasts until the summer holidays, then you can tapas everyday! The potatoes and stuffing on the roast were definitely homemade - I spent the morning peeling the spuds myself!!
See you next time!

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Saturday night and you can get two really good burgers with hand cut chips for £20. Bargain. Add in really friendly staff and good beer and you have all the ingrediants for a good evening. Their cinema offers look really good too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We had a large group gathering on a Saturday evening which they catered for superbly, we did pre-order but that is expected anywhere, we chose tapas between my husband and I ordering 3 plates each and found the servings were generous and more than enough, the prawns in garlic butter were delicious and the aranchini posibly the best I have eaten upside of Spain I really recommend you to give this new restaurant a go

Reviewed 7 February 2018

On a rainy Saturday night we discovered The Fat Monkey for pre cinema drinks, and then returned for post cinema dinner.
Despite having two Christmas parties in we were accommodated for dinner for 2 in the very comfortable sofa area. Clever accessory arrangements separate the bar area from the seated restaurant without excluding anyone.
Such customer friendly staff........can't thank you enough for an amazing time to be repeated soon I hope.

1  Thank Helen C
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We called in for breakfast on a very rainy Saturday. The service and food were excellent. We would highly recommend The Fat Monkey! Well done young men!