All reviews walking group the cottages well stocked bar the owner warm welcome high quality lovely hotel four poster bed painting holiday ensuite bathroom country hotel his team nothing is too much trouble feel very welcome breakfasts were excellent modern facilities slow wifi
Reviewed 11 June 2018

My wife and I booked two nights away as our 'honeymoon' escape after getting married the day before. Couldn't have chosen a better location! Andrew the owner is a mine of information about the area, the room was just fine, with a great view down the valley, the food was very nice and the staff welcoming. We loved the stay and I'm sure we'll be back one day.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a great view!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Tintintin1, Owner at Simonsbath House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for your review - it was a pleasure welcoming you to Simonsbath and so pleased that you had an enjoyable “honeymoon”. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is filled with a rich history and great stories that are brought to the guests via Andrew. Andrew has been proven the perfect host with a high level of professionalism which is rare to non-existent in the modern world. The food was just amazing, the room was anything you would expect from a hotel room but the hospitality was really exquisite. They have a fine selection of whiskeys to share at the cosy lounge around the fireplace. Definitely a place to visit again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Tintintin1, Manager at Simonsbath House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for your very kind review, Wim - we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back to Simonsbath

Reviewed 13 April 2018

This is the second time I've stayed at this lovely hotel. The first time was a painting holiday, and this time I was with a walking group. Andrew and his team are welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is very comfortable, looking out over the Barle valley, with spacious en-suite rooms and the food is to die for! Wi-fi cover is available, but patchy, and mobile signals dodgy, but this is Exmoor we're talking about. I'd be happy to go back, and I'd feel comfortable staying here on my own. Its the best!

Room Tip: all rooms I've seen are lovely. Room 7 has a 4-poster bed
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Tintintin1, Owner at Simonsbath House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you for your very kind review. It was lovely to welcome you back and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The warmth of the greeting set the tone for our all too brief stay. Kettle put on and fire stoked. We might have been the only guests but nevertheless a good start. Realising that being sole diners in the dining room would not have been much fun a table was laid for us in the bar. Very thoughtful. After a drink from an extensive selection we ate a very good dinner. I was off colour the next morning because, as it turned out, I was about to succumb to flu so declined breakfast. There was clear disappointment when my wife turned down a cooked breakfast - still recovering from the night before's generous helpings - but we were offered a bacon roll to take on our post breakfast walk. What more can one say?

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Tintintin1, Owner at Simonsbath House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review. We are pleased you enjoyed your brief stay at Simonsbath House and hope you have fully recovered from the flu. It can be very quiet on the moors when we are experiencing this type of winter.
Hopefully we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

I have just got back from a two night stay here and decided to write a review immediately! The location of the hotel is really lovely. It's just off the road in a deep Exmoor valley. Simonsbath itself is tiny, with just a pub and a few other buildings. There are footpaths running from the village up onto the moor and, for something a bit less strenuous, along the River Barle. The hotel itself is very thoughtfully decorated, in keeping with the location and age of the property. The room I stayed in (3) was large, with a tester bed, two chairs, a desk, and a good sized ensuite bathroom with a large bath and over bath shower. Also a biggish flatscreen TV. View from the window over the valley. Bed was very comfortable, and I'm fussy about beds. It's very quiet, you very rarely hear traffic from the road. I'm sensitive to noise and I found the hotel very peaceful. The breakfasts are generous with healthy choices. Would very much recommend dining there, the food is extremely good. There are two comfortable lounges with open fires; cosy after a walk on a wet day. Wifi is good in the lounge. All the staff were friendly and helpful. A very relaxing break and a bit of a discovery. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Tintintin1, Owner at Simonsbath House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Thank you for taking the trouble to review Simonsbath House. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and got to see some of what makes Exmoor special. We look forward to welcoming you back