“Faultless”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The best seafood/shellfish lunch I’ve had. And I’ve had loads. Journey up the river by water taxi, sit on the balcony with one of the best views in the country. Service impeccable, knowledgable and friendly, pointing out the source of the mussels for example (we had the fruits de mer). So often cold moulles are not worth eating but these were plump and glossy bright orange and exquisite. Smoked salmon soft, velvety and really smokey. Generous crab, bright pink juicy prawns that must have been boiled in some stock because prawns again usually never taste so rich and fresh. Delightful white wine from nearby Sharpham and our maitre de cafe with such a welcoming manner and good humour. If fresh shellfish on the shore or riverbank is your thing, trust me you won’t do better than this. Thank you. Best to book for the first sitting.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Beautifully situated on the waterfront. Despite this the food was excellent. I say this as often the food can go south on waterfront locations when the owners don't have to try. This is an exception. Furthermore the menu isn't too long, so the food does not suffer. I had the best Caesar salad since returning to the UK from Aotearoa New Zealand in April.
Great seafood menu, beautifully cooked and presented. We shall be back.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Visited today for lunch and had outstanding bisque followed by excellent local mussels cooked in cider. The sun was out, the view was spectacular and the service was good. Really good lunch thanks guys !

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Love this place, we have been visiting for years! Everything on the menu is always so fresh! My normal order is the calamari which is really good and a massive portion. Everyone in my party had something different, and no one had any complaints everything was good from the burger to the fish and chips. Finally i had the GF chocolate brownie and ice cream for dessert and i would go as far as saying it is the best ever brownie i have had!! I would 100% recommend this place. I would also turn up earlier than you want to eat as they are always very busy.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely idyllic setting on the River Dart in the unspoilt village of Dittisham and reached by a lovely wooden ferry. My husband and I shared a simple and delicious crab sandwich and perhaps the most delicious mussels I have ever eaten -plump, flavoursome and perfectly cooked. My daughter had the fish and chips, which was really well cooked and an enormous serving. Lovely local beer to match. Friendly service. Highly recommended.